The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: General Handgun Forum

Old October 16, 2017, 12:05 PM   #26
RAEIndustries

I like the copper turning into free guns Cheapshooter
Old October 17, 2017, 12:15 PM   #27
Cheapshooter

But those DeWalt sized boomers are lots of fun, and surprisingly accurate. You won't find a more accurate "better" gun for the money.
Cheapshooter's rules of gun ownership #1: NEVER SELL OR TRADE ANYTHING!
Old October 19, 2017, 04:40 PM   #28
shafter

It must have been painful to see what Shields were going for earlier in the year. The lowest I saw was $214 after rebate and free shipping from Palmetto.
Old October 24, 2017, 06:26 AM   #29
TJx

Sig SP2022 9mm with very low round count made in February of this year with box, both mags, night sights for $315 OTD.
Old October 24, 2017, 09:50 AM   #30
SA1911

subhuman,

We wouldn't get along. Cheapskates -people who take advantage of others- and I don't do well together.
Old October 24, 2017, 03:35 PM   #31
arquebus357

I want to post a reply but I just can't think of one that won't get me banned.

I've already gotten banned from Ruger's Christian Club..

I hope you guys will recover.
Old October 24, 2017, 10:08 PM   #32
FrankenMauser

Quote:
subhuman,

We wouldn't get along. Cheapskates -people who take advantage of others- and I don't do well together.
So, what... When you see a handgun that you want, advertised for a good price, you just pass it by?
Or you show up and start throwing extra $20 bills at the seller?

Nonsensical...
Old October 29, 2017, 06:45 AM   #33
Ibmikey

I have always taken the position on most things in life, “buy high and give away”. I have never become very rich as a result but do have a number of acquaintances who are just waiting for the “give it away” to occur and a couple of buddies with whom I have a long and enduring friendship expecting nothing but freely giving as do I.
Never could one call me a “cheapskate” when it comes to firearms acquisition but having several hundred rifles and pistols those acquaintances are constantly drooling.
Old October 29, 2017, 07:05 AM   #34
Old Stony

I recently picked up a very slightly used Shield for 150 bucks, just because it was such a deal. I already had one and didn't need it but what the heck. My son in Ca. just happened to call me and ask about my opinion of them as he was thinking about buying one..so there it went...off to a Ca. gun store for transfer. Easy come easy go....maybe I can talk IBMikey into giving me a few.
Old October 29, 2017, 07:12 AM   #35
Spats McGee
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Stony
I recently picked up a very slightly used Shield for 150 bucks, . . . .
That was a STEAL!
Old October 29, 2017, 07:41 AM   #36
turkeestalker

Quote:
Or you show up and start throwing extra $20 bills at the seller?
No, you're right that would be 'nonsensical'.
However, I will confess that I just won an auction online that was a penny start and no one bid against me.
I know that was not the seller's intent, just my good fortune and their misfortune.
I insisted on paying more for the item than just the shipping plus one penny.
Not so much more that I did not still get a screaming deal.

Is that stupid? Maybe in the eyes of some, but I'm happy.
Old October 29, 2017, 07:56 AM   #37
arquebus357

I recently picked up this S&W 64-3 for $250. Nice tight very good mechnically. The property engraving was tiny and on the grip backstrap. A little polishing, grip panels from Thailand and I have a fairly presentable revolver. This is my first S&W and I must say that I'm in love with the mechanics.

I would like to verify that Ibmikey is a very generous collector. He is quite helpful to members of the Gunboards Spanish handgun forum. Rock on mikey.
Old November 1, 2017, 12:11 AM   #38
Ibmikey

Well thank you . I also acquired a Model 64 which came from SOG it is in beautiful condition and shoots itty-bitty groups about 2” High from a dead center hold. Stony can have a bunch if I give him the combo to the safe in his garage...ha, ha. He is one of those “ friends” I referred to and seems like that beautiful 66-3 in the safe was a gift from Stony. I keep telling him it is better to give than receive.
Old November 2, 2017, 05:11 PM   #39
dgludwig

Quote:
I recently picked up a very slightly used Shield for 150 bucks, just because it was such a deal.
Your "deal" is just above shoplifting. How do you sleep at night? Soundly, and like a baby, I suppose...

Last edited by dgludwig; November 3, 2017 at 03:11 PM.
Old November 4, 2017, 11:04 AM   #40
the possum

With the recent Smith & Wesson factory rebates, new Shields were just over $200. I'd expect a used gun to be priced less than new, so I don't think $150 was too far out of line.

Years ago I bought a Tanfoglio Witness .45 for $285, and it was a very good gun. Had to sell it when I needed money bad, and got $215 back. Somebody got a good deal on that one, but I comfort myself by figuring $70 to rent it for 6 years wasn't too bad.

Just cruising Gun Broker, once you get past the Hi-Points, it looks like SCCY offers several auto pistols (new) in the $150 range. I have heard good things about those, but anyone here have any experience with 'em?
Old November 4, 2017, 11:18 PM   #41
Model12Win

I like a Sig's P220.

Taint no finer.
Old November 8, 2017, 08:26 AM   #42
subhuman

Glad to hear that, I won't hang out with you Sa1911
Old November 8, 2017, 08:23 PM   #43
TruthTellers

Quote:
Originally Posted by the possum View Post
With the recent Smith & Wesson factory rebates, new Shields were just over $200. I'd expect a used gun to be priced less than new, so I don't think $150 was too far out of line.

Years ago I bought a Tanfoglio Witness .45 for $285, and it was a very good gun. Had to sell it when I needed money bad, and got $215 back. Somebody got a good deal on that one, but I comfort myself by figuring $70 to rent it for 6 years wasn't too bad.

Just cruising Gun Broker, once you get past the Hi-Points, it looks like SCCY offers several auto pistols (new) in the $150 range. I have heard good things about those, but anyone here have any experience with 'em?
The trigger pull is awful. It's so long and heavy that the muscles in my hand were fatigued after trying it a few times. The grip doesn't help reduce that discomfort either.

I would rather spend my money on an LC9s