The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old April 11, 2008, 05:25 PM   #1
alizeefan

PFC training ?

Has anyone had any experience with these guys ?. I checked out their web site and they appear to have quite a good name but I would be interested in hearing from anyone who has actually trained with them.
Old April 11, 2008, 08:24 PM   #2
Allstar

I have heard mixed reviews. Some say it was good, those being newbies to the scene. People with training said they felt like they could do better.
Old April 13, 2008, 01:22 AM   #3
T. O'Heir

These guys, right? http://www.pfctraining.com/
Seems like a a long way to go for an Aussie, given your laws. Just as far for a Canadian with our stupid laws too.
Their prices seem awfully low compared to other shooting schools. I'd want to know how long their courses run too. $175US for a carbine operator's course isn't a great deal considering it's one day with no mention of accomodations. Have a look at this one. Jeff Cooper stasrted it. They're right up front about everything including accomodations with a possible student discount. Not cheap though. http://www.gunsite.com/
If you're looking for a shooting vacation, go to one of the big name matches or a hunt, Stateside. Went to several Second Chance Shoots, long ago. Never had a better vacation. Mind you, Second Chance was a one of a kind shoot. Sadly, local politics shut it down.