The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old February 2, 2007, 12:08 PM   #1
CHAINSAW

What's up with Accurate powders?

I heard a story about the new Accurate powders being a little different in charge weights and went to check on it on the web. Seems that the web domain is pending. Is Western combining them?

The reason I was checking is that I heard of a gun damage incident involving a 115 grain Hornady bullet while using a new canister of #2 and the loading density having been lowered.

I use #2 and Hornady bullets for all my pistol loading and was wondering if my new canister is quite a bit different than the older product. (Both mine still say N0.2 Improved and are out of McEwen TN and are a product of the Czech Republic.

Any information on this?
Old February 2, 2007, 03:17 PM   #2
steve4102

I had no trouble accessing Accurates load data.
http://accuratepowder.com/reloading.htm
Old February 2, 2007, 03:56 PM   #3
CHAINSAW

Finally got a hold of Accurate via phone and the website problems with domain should be fixed today. Phone number is 406-234-0422

The formulation of #2 Improved is unchanged according to the gentleman I spoke with.
Old February 2, 2007, 11:20 PM   #4
steve4102

Quote:
Finally got a hold of Accurate via phone and the website problems with domain should be fixed today

What exactly do you mean, "problems with domain"??

I have been using AA's web site load data for years and have never seen it down or interrupted. You have me a bit confused.
Old February 3, 2007, 08:47 AM   #5
CHAINSAW

Steve, Sometime between the time I posted and you posted Accurates Web Domain had been shut-off and this was the message displayed when you typed www.accuratepowder.com or www.accuratearms.com in the addy bar and entered the command.

I was happy that after you posted it had worked for me also. They explained at the factory that it was indeed a problem and they were working to get it back online that day.

Last edited by CHAINSAW; February 3, 2007 at 08:49 AM. Reason: spelling