The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Revolver Forum

Old February 5, 2013, 11:35 PM   #1
9mm

Taurus 992 trigger pull--owners and Taurus 17 hmr owners question!

LGS has the Taurus tracker in 17 hmr (forget model number) the DA is very sweet, maybe 9lbs. Compared to my Taurus 94 which is like 15lbs. I am looking at the model 992(22lr/22mag combo) and wanted to know what is the trigger pull like on a model 992, will it be teh same as the 992 or is it different?
Old February 6, 2013, 12:42 AM   #2
alex0535

Should be about the same. Although some taurus revolvers have much better trigger pulls than other taurus revolvers.

I have a .17 HMR Tracker by the way and I like it a lot.

Also realize that the 992 is heavier compared to the tracker by just under a pound. The only reason I mention it is that the tracker is a pretty weighty revolver, you definitely know your carrying it when its in a holster. The 992 weighs a little more than twice the 94.

Also reccomend that if you get something from the Tracker series, replace the ribber grips with Houge grips and you will like it even more.
Old February 6, 2013, 11:49 AM   #3
bird_dog

I have the Tracker 970, which is just about the same as the 992, but only 7-shots. Trigger in SA is very good. It's a heavy revolver, but that also helps with the accuracy, in my opinion. 992 should be about the same.

I also have the Tracker 44 and, as Alex said, I have replaced the Ribber grips with the Hogue Monogrips on both of the Trackers. It's not that the Ribbers are uncomfortable, but I find the grip less easy to duplicate, AND (and this was a consideration) I find the Ribbers to be butt-ugly. The Hogues look pretty sharp on the Trackers.
Old February 6, 2013, 03:15 PM   #4
Shadi Khalil

I think it's going to vary from Taurus to Taurus regardless of the model.