The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old June 10, 2012, 05:43 PM   #1
Lovinguns

what is the value of this S.F.Franchi-Brescia 12ga.?

I have an 1949 S.F.Franchi 12 ga. O/U shotgun, Model “Hunter” that I have no clue as to its value. Does anyone out there seen/heard of these selling recently?

The O/U has blued barrels with fixed chokes at Full/Modified. The barrels are 28" long and have a vent-rib along its entire length. The marking on the top of the barrels are “S.F.Franchi -Brescia-Made in Italy” and underneath the bottom barrel is marked "Acci Cogne “KMO” Supercromato". The top barrel has one star stamped on it, and the bottom barrel has 2 stars stamped on it. The bottom barrel is also stamped with the Roman numeral "V" which designates it as made in 1949.

There are beautiful engravings of ducks on the sides of the receiver and grouse/pheasants on the bottom of the receiver. The bottom of the receiver also states "S.p.A.L.Franchi-Brescia" "Mod. Hunter" on it. The trigger guard is also engraved. The Serial number is 309**. It is a single trigger with a selector button at the top of the receiver.

Any information on this gun's value would be appreciated. It has a few dings on the wood, and a few wear-spots on the bluing...but overall is in great condition. It also fires flawlessly.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (147.6 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (237.6 KB, 32 views)
Old June 11, 2012, 02:50 PM   #2
BigJimP

I have no idea, sorry ...

I'd suggest you go to GunsAmerica...and see if there are any on there ...or talk to a knowledgeable gunshop in your area ...that specializes in older guns ...maybe Cabelas...or a few stores like that...
Old June 12, 2012, 01:23 PM   #3
Barber2678

Answered my own question.