The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old September 26, 2008, 10:04 AM   #26
Oquirrh

Quote:
Can't see how a prestine 1873 SAA would give anyone the creeps, still stratchin' my head on that one.
S-G,

"Creeps' might not have been the right word. I just have a problem with fire arms with non-functional gee-gaws. Reminds me of the 70s Lincolns and T-birds with the vinyl straps and buckles on the trunk lid. Cheesy? A closer example is the Ithaca saddle gun that is a drop-block single shot .22 (cool), which they made to look like a lever-action Winchester, complete with a fake magazine tube. (not-cool, imho).

A pristine SAA cartridge revolver is A-OK with me, any day, even if it's made in italy. IMHO, of course.
Old September 26, 2008, 06:47 PM   #27
Smokin_Gun

Quote:
I just have a problem with fire arms with non-functional gee-gaws.
I understand and agree with non-funtional gee-gaws...but this 1873BP SAA rev is a replica of the an Original, first the gee-gaw ejection rod is fully functional right into the chamber. Second I or the intended Shooter or Collector would not buy it if it had no Ejector rond and Hsg. And neither would the Cowboys of the United Kingom.
So you can call it what you want but it's the real deal Minus a Cart. Cyl. and other firing pin.
It's one of the most accurate BP Revs I have shot andclosest to perfect
.004" rifling you find...That's on the Uberti any way had bought it new 3-4yrs ago. The Pietta I don't know about yet...but it does have 7 xtra cylinders so I have a good chance a hittin' with it sooner or later.Hee!Hee!

SG
Admin:http://blackpowdersmoke.com/oldcoots/index.php
Old September 26, 2008, 07:54 PM   #28
Raider2000

8X6=48
WOW that's a lotta balls goin down the range, hope ya got enough targets for all that lead..
Old September 27, 2008, 02:31 AM   #29
Smokin_Gun

Quote:
8X6=48
WOW that's a lotta balls goin down the range, hope ya got enough targets for all that lead..
That's about 686.4 grains of lead by weight...it's anuff...LoL!

SG
Admin:http://blackpowdersmoke.com/oldcoots/index.php
Old September 27, 2008, 04:16 AM   #30
Hawg

Quote:
Cheesy? A closer example is the Ithaca saddle gun that is a drop-block single shot .22 (cool), which they made to look like a lever-action Winchester, complete with a fake magazine tube.
I had one of those for years till I gave it to my daughter when she was 12. It may be cheesy to you but it looks downright funny without it. It was also one of the most accurate .22's I've ever had. I could cut cards with it. I may try to trade her a Marlin model 60 to get it back.