The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old June 8, 2007, 09:21 AM   #1
newarcher

Question about buying

How do you guys safely transfer ownership without anyone getting ripped off?

Obviously, you aren't likely to ship it to me first and I am not interested in sending hard earned money to someone who I haven't met and can't be assured that the gun will ever be sent.

How do you guys safely do it?

New
Old June 8, 2007, 12:45 PM   #2
Johnywinslow

Its pretymuch like anything else on the net. best way to do it is exchange personel info in private message, if you are buying get all the aplicable info like names and phone number, If you get the phone number you have his real name, it would be difficult to to rip you off without being cought, also use a money order or combo of money orders as they can be tracked, But Ive never heard of anyone outright getting ripped off! if you are selling its a no brainer, you ship to the persons local FFL dealer once payment is made. also ask seller to ship registered mail. fed-ex or UPS is best. lol by the way I have a Beretta 92fs for sale, good luck!
Old June 8, 2007, 02:52 PM   #3
omnibus1967

i also look at the number of posts. if he has 6 posts, and all of them are BST....then i think twice about him. maybe thats not fair, but thats my caution.
Old June 8, 2007, 04:25 PM   #4
ishootblanks

Not to worry!

Well, there is a level of trust on both sides. I find people are basically honest, but as already stated, get all the information possible on the gun that you are buying including photos. And then exchange personal information including references from previous transactions. I pay using a U S Postal money order. That and the fact that the firearm must go through a FFL guarantees delivery or else the U S Postal inspectors and BATF get involved. Most people don't want to get involved with the Feds and their unlimited resources. I have purchased and sold many guns over the internet with complete satisfaction.
Old June 9, 2007, 07:55 PM   #5
BigGun97B

Theft

You can trust the transfer because of a couple of different reasons. No one who takes your money and fails to deliver the firearm will ever sell here again. You have a legal and very easy to prove case if someone did so. The posts here on the forum and the emails back and forth from buyer to seller would be enough to get a judge to hammer someone who might do something like this. Also you're talking about a firearm, specifically a handgun. Anytime things start going south on a firearm sale the cops start getting interested very quickly.
Old June 10, 2007, 09:45 AM   #6

Discussion moved to a more appropriate forum.