The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: General

Old September 26, 2017, 06:42 PM   #26
ADIDAS69

Model12Win, no dice, already got my AR-50. I had a chat with Huber Concepts and they're well aware of the AR-50 and assured me they know of several that have been equipped with HC triggers and they work just fine. Noting of course that users assume sole responsibility for altering their firearms. Seriously if you alter your gun in any way study and know what you're doing; I was at my local Y today and some cheese dick was almost bragging about getting away with a negligent discharge cause he lives in the countryside, the round imbedded in his wood pile. He evidently had been monkeying with the factory trigger on his AR trying to get it smoother and with less travel and then decided to test the results in his garage with live rounds.
Old September 28, 2017, 08:31 PM   #27
bbqncigars

I'd be interested in how the HC trigger compares with a Jewell. I've got the latter on my Windrunner, and 2# is as light as I want to go for 200yd plinking. I also let just about anybody else shoot it if they pass the snap cap test, so newbies factor into the situation.
Old September 29, 2017, 02:38 AM   #28
ADIDAS69

Bbqncigars, I have three rifles not including my new 50 that have the 2 stage 1.5 # triggers and having tried the other options like Jewel and Timney and a couple others I really find the HC's to be in a class by themselves. I have tested all three triggers against the "mallet test" which consists of me strapping the rifles in a lead sled and whacking the rig at the butt stock for a few minutes. All the triggers passed and I have no reservations about putting one in the 50. I'll post again when it's installed.
Old October 10, 2017, 08:05 PM   #29
bandanabandit1

Tac 50 for accuracy. One of the 107 CQB's for all the laughs and giggles