The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Competition Shooting

Old August 15, 2017, 02:33 PM   #1
hounddawg

South Carolina F-class and Prone mid-range state championship,

Palmetto Gun Club will host the F-class and Prone mid-range state championship, Friday October 13th - Sunday the 15th. Open to F-class, Service Rifle or Match Rifle shooters.

Friday is registration / practice.
Saturday & Sunday will include firing for record; there will be three matches totaling 6 - 20 round targets. Shooters will compete at three distances, 300, 500, and 600 yards. Each respective distance will include two targets. It is estimated that a shooter will need at least 150 rounds including practice and sighters.

Match fee is $85, which includes lunch Saturday and Sunday, with a T-shirt for the match. There will be awards for each distance, the over-all tournament, and high score for each shooter class.

Map and Directions

Online registration
Old August 16, 2017, 09:43 AM   #2
smee78

Are visitors allowed at this event, I would like to go out and observe one of these shoots.
Old August 16, 2017, 11:08 AM   #3
hagar

Hmm, will have to check my availability for that weekend..
Old August 16, 2017, 12:14 PM   #4
hounddawg

Quote:
Are visitors allowed at this event, I would like to go out and observe one of these shoots.
Yes, and there is no charge for spectators.

during all shooting events the gates are opened for the general public before the match and remain open throughout. Feel free to come up and watch the monthly Long Range match as well, or for that matter any of the events scheduled. Here is a link to the club calendar page

http://palmettogunclub.org/calendar/...ies/index.html

It's a pretty friendly group up there so do not hesitate to ask any questions of any member at any match. The general public is welcome to participate in any monthly match as well and introduction classes for various matches are also offered occasionally.