The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Semi-automatics

Old March 2, 2013, 10:41 PM   #1
WWWJD

Mossberg MMR's first handloads

What a difference hand loading makes. I got a hold of some Independence XM193 and took it to the range. Wow. What a disappointment. I've not shot a group that large in 2 years with any of my firearms! But I'm gonna get some good brass out of it, so over the summer I'll probably burn a few hundred rounds of it up.

4.6moa. It's criminal.

Enter Nosler's 60gr Ballistic Tip. Federal brass, 26gr Varget, F205M primers, loaded to 2.25" COAL, no crimp. Honestly these were a WAG for the first 10 rounds. Probably could have gone lower with the charge weight, but according to my sources, 26gr was middle of the road. FL sized then re-neck sized on Lee's Collet die.

Must. Test. More.

NRA Endowment FTW
Old March 3, 2013, 12:44 AM   #2
bfoosh006

FYI....Try some of this stuff, http://www.midwayusa.com/product/953...tipped-varmint.... My groups with that stuff, are like your Nosler BT group.
Old March 3, 2013, 12:48 AM   #3
WWWJD

Mossberg MMR's first handloads

I've actually got some of that. Some of the first I tried. It does shoot good for sure.

Last edited by WWWJD; March 3, 2013 at 09:13 AM.