The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old April 25, 2009, 12:07 PM   #76
saulfields

Well, here's my first post. I recently bought my first firearm in the past month, not a fun task here in California (S&W SW1911PD)... But well worth it.

22 years old, not quite yet married (this summer), no kids, and I'm already debating my next firearm purchase....
Old April 25, 2009, 03:04 PM   #77
brunito

VZ52

Hi, I am a new member as of today. Now I will tell everyone how dumb I am. I took my VZ52 apart about 5 years ago. That was easy!!!. I have it completely assembled except for the charge handle, spring and rear cover. I am stumped as to how to get these 3 pieces to slide into the receiver. Is there some place I can buy a book aout this beast? It's a freally nice piece and I would love to shoot it. Thanks, Bruno

[Bruno, you will need to ask your question in one of the discussion forums. I'd try the Gunsmithing forum: The Smithy or the Rifle forum: Art of the Rifle.]
Old April 25, 2009, 05:25 PM   #78
limey

Well just started to collect some rifles .My son has been asking me about weapons ever since he recieved "call of duty" from my brother inlaw.His ?s consisted of why one rifle and caliber had a different fire rate than others.Well this stunded me,he is 9 now and was just turning 7 at the time.We have been through countless pages on google images...he has showed responcibility with a BB gun(cub scout inspired) in the following year.So i broke it to my wife hes getting a crickett.After some great consternation she had nothing to say..He has proven to be responsible and a great student.So his marksmanship is good...to be continued got to go to dinner..
Old April 26, 2009, 04:34 AM   #79
PowderBurn14

New In Minnesota

Hey everyone, Blake here, I live in Minnesota with my wife and 8yr old daughter. We have a house in the country on 11 acres. I have my own range in the back yard, I love it. I work in a county jail as a corrections officer. I grew up with guns and shot with my brothers and dad. We mostly shot .22's and shotguns, and then later some handguns. I currently own a Glock 17, a Ruger MKIII .22 stainless, 5 1/2'' barrel, with a Weaver 2.5-8X32 scope. (shotgun shells at 50 yards, look out!) My shotgun is an older Rem. 870 Wingmaster 12 gauge, 2 3/4'' chamber, no vented rib. The clays and ruffed grouse it has taken are too many to count. Also a Ruger 10-22 stainless, an old Rem. bolt action, single shot .22 (passed down 3 generations) and my daughters Daisy Red Rider that she got on her 4th birthday. I enjoy reloading for my 9mm and the 12 gauge. I have reloaded for about 12 years. Anyway, that is a bit about me. TFL is great so far, so much info. Happy Shootin All!!
Old April 27, 2009, 10:24 AM   #80
feebz

Down under & new to TFL

hi i'm from Oz (Australia) and just joined your group so this is a test run, my favourite gun is a Sako 222mag we don't have bears in Oz, but we do have Buffalo up the top end, so after reading through your post and much other research iv'e decided for the .375 H&H for my trip up North, any how happy hunting & keep it safe
Old April 27, 2009, 10:33 AM   #81
KingEdward

Good Morning,

I joined TFL about a week ago. It is great to get to see all the information and updates on so many good subjects.

keep up the good work all!

Edward
Old April 28, 2009, 11:55 PM   #82
50of4064

This site is great!

Just like to say hello to all. just as I had heard, this site is great!
I enjoy the different views and experiences that the members share.
There are some that will forget more about shooting than I will ever know.
Let me thank you now for your reply's to our threads.
Old April 29, 2009, 10:15 PM   #83
TheMayor

Greetings All

Just wanted to greet you all and introduce myself. I'm in the Air Force and am currently stationed at Little Rock AFB. I've been in 17 yrs and love doing what I do! I recently became an NRA certified range instructor and firearms safety instructor so I can help others safely own firearms.
Old April 30, 2009, 10:15 PM   #84
7.62 man

Hello to all TFL members. I'm new to this forum, but not to forums.
I'm a member of many other forums and carry a wide range of firearm knowledge. I'll be happy to help with problems and answer questions.
The Newest Member 7.62 man
Old April 30, 2009, 11:09 PM   #85
RichC

Hey all,

RichC from Massachusetts... the state of many firearms laws and restrictions.

Got my license in December and have been filling up the gun safe as quickly as possible. I shoot regularly with my 16 year old son. The good news for us is the gun club entrance is literally at the end of our street.

Biggest problem we have right now is getting ammo. I have most of what I need to get started reloading but it is really hard to get primers, bullets and powder around here. Fortunately I picked up some last week driving back through Maine, but around here the supplies are dry.

I'm a fan of Sig, S&W and CZ. I love my Sig pistols and 556. I'm alsp enamored of my CZ75B, 452 and 527 rifles, and a couple of VZ58's. S&W 41 pistol is among my favorites. What a beautiful piece of engineering. Got a couple other S&W items as well.

I also have a variety of other toys. Trying to get the safe stocked before our new administration changes the rules.

Best,

Rich
Old May 1, 2009, 09:22 PM   #86
VICI156

J Buco

Trying to get my feet wet with these forums. Like to get some thougths about alot issues concerning reloading and all the current problems with components. Does anyone have a feel when primers will become available?
Old May 2, 2009, 12:39 PM   #87
Copperchick

New Here

Hi All.

I just wanted to introduce myself. I grew up shooting with my dad and now as an adult I am looking at finally purchasing my own firearm and getting into shooting on a regular basis. I completed the required non-restricted and restricted firearms courses and should be set to go very shortly. My research on the Beretta 90-Two brought me to this site. I believe this particular firearm will be my first acquisition.

Thanks for having a great website. I look forward to "chatting" more soon!

Tracey
Old May 3, 2009, 10:19 AM   #88
sculpin1

Hi

I recently registered and thought I should introduce myself. I live in Southern Maryland and have been hunting and shooting all my life. I was always taught to respect and safely handle all firearms and after those two most important rules, to enjoy them. I teach the same to all the youth in my family and circle of friends. I believe the 2nd ammendment needs to be protected and, for that matter, the entire constitution.

In the short time I have been aboard, I have found this forum to be the most informative and packed full of knowledgable and experienced people. I am glad to be here and look forward to participating in the future.

Some of my firearms:

DSA Z4 GTC w/EOTech site, Springfield XD-40 w/ combo laser/flashlight, Rem 700 BDL 7mm mag, Ruger KP 89 stainless 9mm, Winchester Mod.70 Safari Express 375 H&H mag w/leuapold Vari-X III, Spencer rifle 50 cal., SKS, MAK 90 w/laser, Stoeger 12 ga, TC Gray Hawk muzzle loader, Ruger MK-II .22, Marlin 336 30.30, Marlin 22 mag and a 22 (both bolt action), Mossberg 500 410 ga, Savage 30.06, Colt "Police Positive" 38 special, Colt "Little Junior" 22 short, H&R 22 mag revolver, And a bunch of other stuff...

Sculpin
Old May 3, 2009, 10:31 PM   #89
parallel

NFG from the Big Easy!

I was born and raised in the land of white tail deer and the horse drawn carriages of the Amish. I left at age 17 to join the Navy and see the world. During my twelve years of service, I ended up aboard a ship that spent 14 months in the Avondale shipyard to undergo a major refit. The first step I took on Louisiana soil was at Wet Dock One, Avondale shipyard in September of 1987.

Long story short, I met Mrs. Parallel while in the shipyard and eventually I came back and we got married in August 1989. I had her away from her beloved Louisiana for nearly eight years (unfortunately just long enough for her grandparents to pass away). Once I got out in 1997, it was like a moth to a flame… she just had to come back. It took a while, but now Louisiana is indeed home to me. We have just finalized the adoption of our little boy who just turned 3 and life is good on the bayou.

I own a modest number of firearms, but I like to think that what I lack in quantity I make up for in quality.

I need to get a picture of my Marlin 780 .22 rifle that I got for Christmas when I was twelve. The rest are shown below.

RIFLES/CARBINES

The first attached image is Marlin Model 336 (top) with Leupold 4 X 35mm rifleman scope chambered in .35 Remington. This was my very first deer rifle that I got on my twelfth birthday. The bottom rifle is a Marlin Model 36A chambered in 30-30 that I bought for my nephew for his thirteenth birthday (last August). My dad got him a Leupold 2.5 X 7 X 32mm rifleman scope to mount on it also for his birthday.

The second attached pic is a SIG556 SWAT with Trijicon ACOG TA-11 and SIG551 style Hand Guards chambered in 5.56 NATO.

The third attachment is a Colt 6920 Law Enforcement Carbine (M4 variant of an AR15) chambered in 5.56 NATO.

Here is a Henderson Defense Industries AK-101 chambered in 7.62 X 39 Soviet.

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/1696/hgiak101uw5.jpg

Last edited by Bud Helms; May 20, 2009 at 04:19 AM. Reason: Pic heavy post ... links and attachments will do.
Old May 3, 2009, 10:32 PM   #90
parallel

NFG from the Big Easy Cont.

SHOTGUN:

Winchester Model 1300 Stainless Marine 12 gauge pump with Knoxx Specops recoil reducing stock and power pack.

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/5567/...el1300stai.jpg

HANDGUNS:

Sig Sauer P226 9mm this was my service pistol when I was a reserve cop (1992-1995) and is still my favorite pistol to shoot.

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/9904/dscf1887.jpg

Attached:

Sig Sauer P220 Carry SAS with Crimson Trace Laser Grips (.45ACP)

Sig Sauer P225/P6 9mm

Sig Sauer P226 in .40S&W with Crimson Trace Laser Grips (I have a .357SI barrel to convert this gun to .357SIG by just replacing the barrel).

Last edited by Bud Helms; May 20, 2009 at 04:19 AM. Reason: Pics, pics ...
Old May 4, 2009, 08:44 PM   #91
JJL

I'm 20 years old and just found an interest in guns recently. Since January, I've purchased a Mossberg 12-gauge, a Marlin 60, a Rossi 851 and a Hi-Point 9mm. I wish I had become interested in firearms before ammo became so scarce, but it is what it is.
Old May 5, 2009, 04:56 AM   #92
MEATSAW

Hey all, my name is Sean Jones, just joined at the beginning of the month. I am 26, live in Oregon for the time beginning as I am finishing school at Oregon State University. I am passionate about firearms and ammuntions and love a place where other like me can discuss our passion. I wish the best for you and your families. Now lets get to the good stuff...
Old May 5, 2009, 07:46 PM   #93
m&p45acp10+1

Hello all

Joined here a couple of days ago. Have gotten some real good feed back on the questions I have asked. I am 32 and have been shooting since the diapers came off. Have not been able to get in any range time the past few years due to work and living conditions. That has changed a bit as to new living conditions, new job, and best of all a new 45. Just wish ammo was not so scarce and expensive, but in all fairness I missed shooting so much I have already paid up for a year membership at the local range. Hope to get some ammo to put it to good use.
Nate
Old May 6, 2009, 05:11 AM   #94
fatish

Greetings from Serbia

Hi, folks. I'm a long time gun lover, fairly new gun owner. I currently own Glock 19, Glock 21 and Serbian made Zastava CZ99 9x19 (SIG clone, imported by EAA as EZ99), and Zastava M83 .357 6" revolver. It's very hard to get CCW permit here, and you pay taxes each year for every piece you own. You need a permit even to buy ammo, 50 rounds per year max. 9x19 costs 60 cents per round. $1 at the range. .45 is about 30% more. For example, Glock 19 is 800 euros, G21 900 euros. Just want the US members to know they can buy two Glocks for the price of one in Europe, reason enough for a gun lover to be happy.
Generally, it's very expensive to be a gun enthusiast, but tough circumstances can't beat a soft spot for handguns.

http://i676.photobucket.com/albums/v...sh/Glock21.jpg

http://i676.photobucket.com/albums/v...h/DSC03324.jpg

http://i676.photobucket.com/albums/v...h/DSC03300.jpg

http://i676.photobucket.com/albums/v...h/DSC02395.jpg

http://i676.photobucket.com/albums/v...h/DSC00025.jpg

Sorry for the quality, cell phone camera...

Last edited by Bud Helms; May 20, 2009 at 04:18 AM. Reason: Pic heavy post. All we need is the links.
Old May 8, 2009, 06:50 PM   #95
govtcasualty

well...

I have been lingering here for a while learning all that i could. I finally posted for the first time today to get an answer, but was very confused as to how to read replies to messages i have posted. If someone could shoot me a private message to explain this process I would appreciate it.
Old May 9, 2009, 12:57 AM   #96
trigger treat

my name is nathan, i consider myself part of a newer generation of gun owners. i'm 21 years old and believe we should do our best to be responsible with firearms and the laws around them. If anyone is trying to take 2nd amendment rights in the near future we will be the generation they point to as evidence. we are not all products of video game empathy, nor are we nil when it comes to firearm knowledge.
Old May 9, 2009, 09:29 AM   #97
GLADIO

Well, after lurking on TFL for a while, and getting a LOT of information in the process
( kudos to the TFL members: of all of the firearms web boards, this one's been the coolest and most helpful overall )
i finally managed to join in.

I'm from the other side of the world, and hope you'll forgive me for some mispelling.

Guns? i'm waiting for my firearms license to be issued.. and planning on starting right away. Black powder revolvers, or 1911 collecting. i still don't know.
Old May 10, 2009, 05:33 PM   #98
youngone

Hey everyone I am new to the site. I am from New Jersey and I am 17. I am looking to ask a few questions. Just got to find where.
Old May 11, 2009, 12:15 AM   #99
mechanic hunter

Hi, everyone Iam glad to be a part of your group hope to converse soon
Old May 12, 2009, 08:52 PM   #100
jesse73

hollo every one glad to be an new member looking forward to talking to guys.... & girls? i suppose there are a few woman out there who like talking about guns & such! "Lord knows my wife is not one of them" i have read alot of forum replies & like what i see

Tags
ar15 , cerakote , custom ar , introduction , laser engraving , new agent