The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old November 24, 2018, 08:07 AM   #1
Nathan

Going to the Great Southern Gun & Knife Show Today...Birmingham

Good morning.

Going to the gun show today. I’ll be looking for stuff for shooting/reloading the M1 Garand, but what else should I be on the lookout for? I’m outside my territory so, I need some pointers!
Old November 24, 2018, 08:11 AM   #2
muzzleblast...

Please PM me if you see one of these:

Old November 24, 2018, 08:11 AM   #3
FITASC

Probably find some decent jerky, maybe even some good sausage (this IS the South after all.)
When I used to go to big shows out West, I went looking for things like primers, oddball ammo for guns that I owned, things I couldn't find (those shows were before the Net really exploded with billions of sources). Many shows usually had folks who sold and collected various things from war memorabilia, certain types of guns, etc., so if you are into any of that, look for that. They were also a good source for things like holsters, gun cases and green ammo cans.
"I believe that people have a right to decide their own destinies; people own themselves. I also believe that, in a democracy, government exists because (and only so long as) individual citizens give it a 'temporary license to exist'—in exchange for a promise that it will behave itself. In a democracy, you own the government—it doesn't own you."- Frank Zappa

Last edited by FITASC; November 24, 2018 at 04:09 PM.
Old November 24, 2018, 12:58 PM   #4
Nathan

No jerky, no sausage, no M1 Garand books.

Saw 2 M1’s. 1 in pretty good shape.

Got the 4831sc powder I was looking for and some 748 at good prices.

Bought 3 sets of dies for a song...guy was looking to make space.

Otherwise tables of junk ar parts or over priced parts with a few decent deals thrown in.

Glad to be home with most of my money!
Old November 24, 2018, 04:09 PM   #5
FITASC

There ya go!
And in time for the Iron Bowl game.......(Roll Tide)
"I believe that people have a right to decide their own destinies; people own themselves. I also believe that, in a democracy, government exists because (and only so long as) individual citizens give it a 'temporary license to exist'—in exchange for a promise that it will behave itself. In a democracy, you own the government—it doesn't own you."- Frank Zappa