The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Closed Thread

Old November 16, 2018, 09:37 PM   #26
44 AMP
Staff

Quote:
I'd LOVE to see a gangsta' try to shoot a Desert Eagle 1-handed turned sideways.
I can't speak for the big .50 but I have DE .44 and .357 and the recoil is surprisingly mild. Blast is huge but recoil is significantly less than the same round fired in a large frame heavy revolver. Compared to firing the same ammo out of a lightweight snubnose, the DE barely recoils at all

Now, I'll go you one better, if you (or anyone) wants to shoot my .44 Mag Contender or my .45-70 Contender "gangsta style", I'd let you. You are responsible for all medical bills and any damage to my gun from you dropping it....

10" .44 mag with the thin octagon barrel, actually weighs quite a bit less than a .44 Mag revolver.

The .45-70 has a 14" barrel, and a red dot sight. You might be able to use the Red dot when holding it gangsta, but when that sight on top of a thick steel bar slams into your face, don't blame ME!
Old November 16, 2018, 10:57 PM   #27
Brian Pfleuger
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44 AMP
where the arm is extended out and above the head at about 45degrees, pistol held 90 degrees sideways (always a pistol, they never seem to do it with revolvers...), pistol, held sideways, pointed down at the target, while their head and body do the bob and weave movements while the actor talked smack.
One handed is a necessity in such circumstances... the other one is needed for the crotch grab / pants holding up.
Old November 17, 2018, 12:32 AM   #28
44 AMP
Staff

I knew that, just wasn't going to say it...
Old November 17, 2018, 12:11 PM   #29
FunGramps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Pfleuger View Post
One handed is a necessity in such circumstances... the other one is needed for the crotch grab / pants holding up.
Quote:
I saw a guy limp-wrist a S&W 500 at an indoor range with one hand, and his pants fell down anyway. Along with his tighty whities not smelling so white.
Old November 18, 2018, 04:05 PM   #30
Rachen

Quote:
Specific demographic?

You mean black people?
He most likely is talking about adherents of the "hip hop thug" clique. You don't have to be black to be part of that clique. There are plenty of white boys and Asian boys who want to be "G's". Youtube is FILLED with them and they bring the entire package of stereotype too. Saggy pants, mysogynism, guns being held "gangsta" style. The whole nine yards.

Ironically, the black folks who live in my neighborhood several avenues down from my building all happen to be ultra-hipsters. And then there is this one ABC Chinese kid whose parents are friends with my parents simply because they can converse in the same language and shops at the same supermarket. Their kid has always been a "gangsta" since he was 12. Now he is 23 and serving 6 years in prison for a gun/drug rap. Got caught trying to sell a quantity of coke to an undercover and was carrying an illegal and defaced Beretta. Might be other gang related stuff involved too. Go figure
Old November 18, 2018, 05:09 PM   #31
Charlie98

A far more advanced technique is to twist the pistol when you fire it. Assuming the rifling twist is correct... turning the pistol when firing it will add a bit more gain to the bullet RPM, making it stabilize betterer and fasterer. The correct application of this technique is for advanced professionals only... because you don't use your sights.

"I have this pistol pointed at your heart!"
"That is my least vulnerable spot."
Old November 18, 2018, 11:21 PM   #32
Sevens

500 internet points for any poster that can link me to the video I saw once years back where two young guys detail the entire rundown of the "gangsta" style use of a handgun. Of course it goes sideways, but they also detail holding it high, and sort of throwing each bullet out of it while trash talking. It's hilarious because the one guy tells the other to trash talk so he says "I'm a way better soccer player than you, man!"

Please drop a link to this video if you know it!
Old November 18, 2018, 11:59 PM   #33
Brian Pfleuger
Moderator Emeritus

500 points for me!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfBWMv1kFPk
Old November 19, 2018, 12:40 AM   #34
Rachen

How many online vendors out there accept Internet Points as valid currency? Me wanna win some points too and buy some ammo! It is almost Cyber Monday! Well, in a week, but still!
Old November 19, 2018, 01:32 AM   #35
Brian Pfleuger
Moderator Emeritus

I believe the Bank of Sevens is the only one that accepts internet points and then only as payment for backing up unsubstantiated claims made in forums by the payor.

Right, Sevens?
Old November 19, 2018, 02:11 PM   #36
Sevens

Heck yeah, that's the one!

Those 500 internet points are valid towards the purchase of factory new, new in package Hornady and RCBC steel rifle reloading dies, available in the TFL Handloading and Reloading area of the site.
Old November 22, 2018, 12:40 PM   #37
HiBC

Quote:
Specific demographic?
What I read is the specific demographic of otherwise unspecified homo sapiens who CHOOSE TO PRACTICE the behavior of turning their gun sideways.

IMO,the common denominator would be those who buy into the "culture" that Hollywood portrays and those who take that portrayal seriously.

All sorts of people wear their caps backwards.All sorts of people install big amps and annoying subwoofers in their Hondas. And they aren't playing Charlie Pride.Maybe Eminem.

IMO,there was absolutely no reference to race,and any leap to a racist agenda exists only in the mind of the leaper.

I'm so tired of people walking around with a quickdraw race card...I'm fed up.

A racist is someone who walks through life filtering,examining,and evaluating every social interaction in terms of race.Many Social Justice Warriors ,aware of it or not,actively practice racism every day.
Old November 22, 2018, 01:28 PM   #38
44 AMP
Staff

And with the playing of that card, the deal is done, game over.

Closed.