The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old January 18, 2021, 04:31 PM   #26
9MMand223only

"it sounded like a war"

Let me correct you. This depends where you are from. You see, if you are from France, then what you are describing is the sound of white flags waving in the wind. Since it wasn't that, I take it to mean you went to an outdoor gun range shooting area in the USA.
Old January 18, 2021, 06:23 PM   #27
Reloadron

I wonder if they actually sell any of the expensive one....

Not to me, can't speak for others. I would not even consider the twenty cents a round stuff. However if someone wants to bite at those prices cool with me.

Ron
Old January 21, 2021, 05:05 PM   #28
Unclenick
Staff

Not to me, either. But I'm coasting on stock just fine.
NRA Benefactor Member and Golden Eagle
Old January 27, 2021, 10:34 AM   #29
RCoulter52

Bartering works well. :-)

Some time back, I purchased some, once fired, 7.62x51 and 308 brass at a local gun shop at a very good price. I use the Lee Decapper & Base on all military brass, as sometimes it can be temperamental.

Last week, while in a state of boredom, I started de-capping the mil brass, and..... Boom! Berdan crap!!! Out of the 200 plus rounds, there were 45 Berdan primed cases. I deal with these guys all the time so I called them and told them about it. They apologized and said they would make it good. I, in turn, told them it wasn't necessary, I wanted them to know as someone else might not be as easy going about it as me.

I took the brass along with 150+ pieces of .30-'06 brass into the shop. They looked over the brass and asked how much I wanted for it. I told them I would rather trade it out. They had some Lil' Gun powder for $31.00 a pound. I asked if they would trade the brass for 2 pounds? Well, I now have 2 pounds of Lil' Gun in my growing stash of powders. :-)

I need to go out to the garage and see what other brass I have that I no longer need.

Randie
Fort Smith, AR
Old January 27, 2021, 07:03 PM   #30
Road_Clam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmandy
I picked up 3 pounds of powder today. Didn't need it, but it was there, and I've learned that you can't get it when it isn't there.
And this is exactly why we are stuck in current gun panic, and will continue to have panics in the future...
Old January 27, 2021, 08:18 PM   #31
USSR

No, Road_Clam, buying 3 pounds of powder you don't need immediately is not why we are where we are, it's merely a consequence of a much bigger issue.

Don
Old January 27, 2021, 08:30 PM   #32
Carmady

"And this is exactly why we are stuck in current gun panic, and will continue to have panics in the future..."

What's your solution?
Wait until primers are available again, and then complain about the lack of powder?
Old January 27, 2021, 08:39 PM   #33
stephen426

Um, there certainly is an ammo shortage. Many online stores are sold out. I know that some places have ammo at jacked up prices, but it isn't like you can buy anything you want if you had the funds. Defensive ammo is very hard to come by.