The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old December 27, 2010, 03:07 PM   #1
larstusor

Need Help With Baby Browning Trigger-Sear Connector Reassembly

I was given a Baby Browning as part payment for services and it appeared to have been neglected so I decided to strip it down for a good inspection and cleaning. The top end is a no brainer but when I took off the grip panels the trigger-sear connector fell off before I had a chance to look it over. Now when I put it back on it drops down just a tad and will not depress the sear when the trigger is pulled. It works fine if I keep upwards pressure on the connector. I don't see how the sear spring would apply upward pressure to the connector, unless it has somehow gotten out of position when the connector fell off. The various schematics I've looked are no help in this regard.

Obviously, I'm missing something here. What is the correct method for reinstalling the connector? Any help is greatly appreciated as this has become a frustrating project.
Old December 27, 2010, 03:32 PM   #2
Bill DeShivs

See the little wire? Put the disconnector in front of it.
Old December 27, 2010, 03:58 PM   #3
larstusor

Bill, by "little wire" do you mean one of the legs of the sear spring? Looking at the hole into which the connector is fitted, one of the legs of the sear spring is almost verticle (actually slightly diagonal pointing upward) and the other leg is horizontal pushing up against the sear.