The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old November 24, 2015, 03:58 PM   #1
zero-tolerance

Century C308 optics opinion?

Hey guys & gals, just picked up the new C308 from Century Arms and I gotta say, as far as a CETME/H&K 91 clone goes, it's dynamite! Shooting sub 3" groups at 150. Couldn't be happier. Love a battle rifle in 7.62, and the fact that this thing is built like a...well, German tank. The bolt carrier alone would function well as a hammer or bludgeon. ...lol. Anyway, for a semi-auto 7.62 rifle that I paid $620 for "used surplus" it looks brand new. Literally. I threw up a Nikon Prostaff 3-9x40 BDC optic on it and again, without sounding like a Century rep, love it. My only mental coin toss is I have a nice red dot that is begging me to use it. It's co-witness with the iron sights is something I've gotten used to(AR), like, and almost prefer to standard optics. If I throw a zoom behind it then I got all game animals and dangerous ones (2 and 4 legged) under control. Just fishing for the masses opinions/input. Thanks!
-An oath is forever.