The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Semi-automatics

Old June 27, 2018, 02:56 PM   #1
keithdog

hi point bullpup High Tower Armory

I had trouble with the PC Carbine I had gotten from Ruger. Without getting into all that mess, I am pleased to report Ruger finally made things right and reimbursed me altogether. I got to thinking about what 9mm carbine I might want instead and realized- well, hell, I already have one 9mm carbine that's never failed me. It might sound/be stupid, but I like to do what I like to do, so I used that money and got the MBS 95 bullpup stock from High Tower Armory for my beater hi point 9mm carbine. Looks fantastic. Works great, generally- in my case, the mags need to be pushed up at a very particular angle once the release is triggered in order to pull free- so great was maybe strongly worded, but oh well. With the long 20 rounders from redball it's very easy to get the mags in and out. I haven't had any trouble with it, really. It's stiff. It's hard to take down without a vertical grip on the lower rail which lowers down in order to take down the gun. It's still easy to do and far fewer steps than the original Hi Point. I certainly don't advocate going out and buying a hi point just to throw it in this stock. If you do want to, go for it. It's a free country. You may do as you please. If, however, you already have a hi point carbine and think to yourself, well, that's cool, then go ahead. Get it. I'm definitely not disappointed with my purchase. The ergonomics are great and the look is fun, too, I suppose. I've only taken it out once so far, the products new, so I can't speak to longevity at this point.

Just my personal thoughts on my personal experience. Thanks, guys.
Old June 27, 2018, 03:24 PM   #2
Kirosha

Glock owners have a similar option...I just can't remember the name of it or the company. No FFL needed, shipped to your door. Always a pleasure.

Edit, then I remembered. I should have taken the time to think a bit.

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it."
Old June 27, 2018, 03:50 PM   #3
aarondhgraham

It's very cool looking, but,,,

The price for the stock is just $39.00 less than I paid for the 9mm carbine itself.

I am somewhat into cosmetics and aesthetics,,,
But that is a bit out of my range.

Looks very cool though.

Aarond

Aarond is good,,, Aarond is wise,,, Always trust Aarond! (most of the time)
Old June 27, 2018, 06:22 PM   #4
MTT TL

Not sure about the economics of this. It is almost twice as much as I paid for the gun ($139) brand new.

I think I would be better off selling the gun taking the money I would have spent on the stock and buying a Kel-Tec or Ruger.
Old June 27, 2018, 07:11 PM   #5
ttarp

Another way to look at it, if you want to try the bullpup layout of a rifle, you can now do so for about a third of the cost of a Tavor or AUG. Obviously a Hi Point in a bullpup stock isn't on the same level as the military designs, but its an affordable way to try out the bullpup concept.
Old June 28, 2018, 07:55 AM   #6
MTT TL

It is cheaper than a JARD 68, barely.
Old June 28, 2018, 04:17 PM   #7
keithdog

Yes I agree with everyone's points. It's not the most economic and it will never replace a serious combat rifle- we are talking about a hi point. It makes a decent home defense tool though and it is fun to shoot. It works. Just thought someone out there might like knowing that, at least for me, there was no problem with this particular product.
Old July 15, 2018, 10:36 PM   #8
franco45

I thought about getting one. I waited and waited and finally ended up trading my 995TS. I got an email about a week later that the High Tower kits were hitting the market. I've since traded into a 4595TS but I'm leaving it in the TS stock. I just purchased a Keltec Sub2000 last week. Between the Hipoint and the Keltec I think I've scratched my pcc itch.