The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Closed Thread

Old October 28, 2015, 05:13 PM   #26
AK103K

Id just leave it one and have dinner. Unless they are running you through metal detectors at the restaurant.

As far as schools and courthouses, here in PA, every courthouse has to provide a lock box, so that solves that. Schools, federal law exempts licensed carriers, and PA has the "any other lawful purpose" clause.

The only time I say and/or do anything, is if there is a metal detector.
Old October 30, 2015, 03:12 PM   #27
FITASC

Quote:
There are some places in colorado that one cannot CC; school grounds are one of those places.
FL allows you to have a gun on you or in your car while waiting in line to pick up your kid; that said if you have to go inside......... that's a no-no.
"I believe that people have a right to decide their own destinies; people own themselves. I also believe that, in a democracy, government exists because (and only so long as) individual citizens give it a 'temporary license to exist'—in exchange for a promise that it will behave itself. In a democracy, you own the government—it doesn't own you."- Frank Zappa
Old October 31, 2015, 10:48 AM   #28
peggysue

Here in Iowa we can legally carry in bars or restaurants. We can even have a few. If it is illegal in your state and you are going to a bar leave it at home. Most likely in the CCW states like yours you cant drink any alcohol.

Last edited by peggysue; October 31, 2015 at 11:49 AM.
Old October 31, 2015, 11:18 AM   #29
Glenn E. Meyer

Let's not recommend breaking the law through various cute methods or overt disobedience.

It's pretty clear that you:

1. Suggest another place
2. Tell the others and look for an agreed upon place to leave the gun.

Whether it is legal in your state is irrelevant unless you are going to dinner in the Tardis.

So take my hint about the legal situation.
Old November 1, 2015, 03:06 PM   #30
turkeestalker

By Missouri state law it is not illegal to carry in either a bar or a school, fact is the only two places that MO law sees concealed carry as an actual crime, are in situations surrounding public transportation and it's use. Federal law is another thing all together. I'm not advocating breaking any law state or federal, but I think the real secret to conceal carry is the conceal part. I carry discretely and I carry respectfully with my only kryptonite being metal detectors. Faced with one of those and left no other choice I will disarm, but only then. It doesn't matter what kind of sign is in the window.
Old November 1, 2015, 03:11 PM   #31
Glenn E. Meyer

I'm going to call it. Some signs have the force of law.

Closed.