The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Closed Thread

Old November 11, 2012, 05:47 PM   #1
Amsdorf

Browning and FNUSA Does Not Support the Second Ammendment: Proof

I stopped by the Browning/FNUSA's USA customer service center, which is very close to where I live and noticed something a bit disconcerting.

They have a huge sign plastered on their front entrance declaring that any firearm on the premises is to be unloaded.

Tell me how this is an indication of the right to keep and BEAR arms. I don't know about you, but I prefer to carry a concealed weapon with bullets in it. Seems to work better.

Your thoughts??

Here is the video.
Old November 11, 2012, 06:08 PM   #2
Sparks1957

Insurance reasons, most likely. Doubt they want it that way, but most insurance carriers would see that as too high-risk.
Old November 11, 2012, 06:19 PM   #3
jmortimer

I draw no inferences from their sign. Why not ask them next time you are in there. Their business is dependent on sales of firearms so it makes no sense that they would be against the Second Amendment.
Old November 11, 2012, 06:22 PM   #4
pnac

You may want to stay away from gunshows, too. All the shows I've attended the last several years have had the same policy.
Oh Lord grant me speed - Gram Parsons
Old November 11, 2012, 06:23 PM   #5
Microgunner

They're just like every other human being. They get really nervous when a stranger whips out a loaded firearm.
Old November 11, 2012, 06:24 PM   #6
gaseousclay

Quote:
They have a huge sign plastered on their front entrance declaring that any firearm on the premises is to be unloaded.

Tell me how this is an indication of the right to keep and BEAR arms. I don't know about you, but I prefer to carry a concealed weapon with bullets in it. Seems to work better.
it's their business and they can do whatever they want. It's no different than business owners that have signs that say, 'no shirt, no shoes, no service.' guns are their business and so I don't see how they're anti-2A. if you don't like it don't shop there
Old November 11, 2012, 06:33 PM   #7
Glenn E. Meyer

We do not appreciate wild claims about the policy of a company. They probably don't want folks whipping out loaded guns to show them or be placed in some repair box. This is common place for many stores. Esp. in a service center. My favorite LGS has a similar sign.

Closed.