The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Old December 4, 1999, 09:06 PM   #1
TGS

Ive had the good fotune of having been raised in Alaska and hunted most of everything there is to hunt up there. Greatest experience I have ever had as far as hunting goes. Well that was a long time ago and since then ive enjoy lower 48 Deer and small game. Had a co-worker out in Ca. who mentioned he had been Boar hunting in New Mexico, a stocked ranch if I remember. Had some great stories and Im hankering for a hunt and understand here in Tennessee there is some good Boar to be had. Anyone had any success?
Old December 7, 1999, 03:49 AM   #2
Robert the41MagFan

Being originally from Florida, I miss boar hunting. Wish we had them here in Oregon. Understand that boar are a fairly destructive species and overtake any area that they inhabit.

Robert
Old December 11, 1999, 11:25 PM   #3
Matrix

Where in TN are you? There are some good
boar pay to hunt guides in E. Tenn.
I haven't hunted there yet, but am considering it. Check out the Bowsite
(www.Bowsite.com) forums, they have one devoted to hog hunting. THey cover these outfitters pretty well. Of course, you don't have to use a bow to hunt there.
I live in Memphis, and I've heard of a few places with feral hogs, legal to hunt anytime of year.
Hope this helps.
Old December 15, 1999, 01:57 PM   #4
TomD

I'll check that right now. I live southeast of Nashville (Murfreesburo / Woodbury) so im centered up pretty good to head about any direction. I'll hunt handgun or rifle, bow isnt something Ive developed (outside of haybails!) Thanks for the info.