The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old June 1, 2005, 11:40 PM   #1
hknut

Kill Flash

Will the Kill Flash screw into the Hakko Tacpoint? If anybody knows, please let me know.
Old June 13, 2005, 04:01 PM   #2
hknut

No one knows?
Old June 13, 2005, 05:13 PM   #3
Handy

I bet the people that make "Kill Flash" (whatever that is) know what their product is compatible with.
Old June 13, 2005, 08:10 PM   #4
IronLance

For those who don't know what killFlash is: http://www.camouflage.com/mil_intro.html

hknut, I don't see the Hakko listed on their website. Handy's advice is good: contact Tenebræx on the above webpage and see what they have to say.
Old June 13, 2005, 09:11 PM   #5
Jim Watson

Heck, I know what a kill flash is, I just never heard of a Hakko Tacpoint.
Old June 14, 2005, 06:19 PM   #6
sixtyKaday

I had Kill Flash in my Aimpoints and they about drove me crazy. Have you ever used one? If your really worried about "flash", you can just use the sight with the front cap closed. Works just like the original OEG's.
Old June 15, 2005, 02:28 PM   #7
hknut

As a ex-army (101st Airborne) sniper, yes I have used a Killflash before. It is a little hard to shoot with the cap closed!
Old June 15, 2005, 04:47 PM   #8
sixtyKaday

If you've ever used the old Armson OEG dot sights, you would understand the concept. Those sights required you to shoot with both eyes open(like you should with the Aimpoint type sights anyway). The sight itself was just a dot on a black field that you cant see through. With both eyes open, the brain superimposes the dot onto the target and the bullet goes where you put it. The Aimpoints with the front cap closed work the same way. I do it all the time with mine, with no loss of accuracy. If you have one, give it a try. The kill flashes where driving me crazy with that honeycomb. It's much better without it. I remembered my old OEG and gave it a try, and sure enough, it worked. I usually do shoot with the cap open, but if I were ever to feel the need to worry about "flash", I know all I have to do is close the front cover. This also stops the dot from being visible from the front too, especially at night. And yes, before y'all start jumping up and down, you can see the dot from the front. If you doubt it, try that too.