The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old February 11, 2018, 03:17 PM   #1
Miles2014

Vortex Strike Eagle or Primary Arms 1-6?

Anyone have both? Which is better for an AR Platform?

Thanks!
Old February 12, 2018, 09:19 PM   #2
Crunchy Frog

I have both. They are made in the same factory in China so are pretty similar except for the reticle. I'm still trying to decide which one I like better. I have the PA on an 18" rifle on the assumption that the ACSS reticle is better for long range shooting.

The Strike Eagle currently is mounted on a shorter barreled carbine. Sometimes I think a 1-4 variable would be better suited to that rifle. I'm probably just looking for an excuse to buy another optic!
Old February 12, 2018, 09:55 PM   #3
Coloradohtr

I have a Vortex Strike Eagle 1-6x on my 16" Aero Precision m4e1in a Team Waren Tactical mount with a 45° angle mount and a Vortex Venom 3moa red dot on it and I love it. Although now that the 1-8x Strike Eagle came out I wish I had it haha. They are great optics and prices reasonably. I got my Strike Eagle for $329. I think now you might be able to find it for around $299 if you shop around. I don't know much about Primary Arms so i cant say anything about them. With the Vortex though you will get the VIP warranty that's no questions asked, lifetime and transferable.
Old March 20, 2018, 05:44 PM   #4
michaelc246

I only own the Primary Arms 1-6, but I have shot with the Strike Eagle as well. Both are good scopes, but I prefer the Primary Arms because of the ACSS reticle. I just find it very simple and practical.