The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old February 11, 2019, 03:52 PM   #1
kmw1954

RCBS Bullet feed die?

I aksed this question on a couple other forums and have not gained any information from the members so I'm guess no one there uses one.

Looking for feedback on this die and it's use in a progressive press with just using the tube feed and not the Collator. I ask because I now have a Lee Breech Lock Pro press which is 4 position and only am using the 4th hole with the Lee FCD in the 45acp. The 380 and 9mm I have been loading on my Pro1000 using the standard Lee 3-die set w/o problem.

I have now acquired the shell plates for both the 380 and 9mm for the BLP and would like trying to use a bullet feed die like the RCBS to see how well this whole idea works on this press. Then if it works and makes life simpler at some point when money allows I would probably look to upgrade to the Mini Mr. Bullet Feeder. But at $100.00+ I don't want to start there and find I don't like the process or it hasn't made life easier and then have to try and resell it.
Old February 12, 2019, 07:23 PM   #2
kmw1954

Well thank you all, as it appears that no one has any experience with this die.

Did a search late last night while fighting insomnia and was able to find 2 threads here and two threads from The High Road dating back to 2012 which I guess was shortly after RCBS introduced the Tube Feed after having previously releasing a Universal Feed Die to be used with their collator.

Anyways I think/hope I learned enough that I think I'm going to give it a shot and see how it works. Though I still find it hard to believe that since 2012 there is no info or users of this tool.