The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Semi-automatics

Old July 11, 2018, 02:02 PM   #26
homegunsmithunger

Thank you very much for your comments and your support. The V2 receiver is in progress (20-30% finished) and I can't wait to hear your opinions about it

I will try my best to make it commercially available but I am dependent on the manufacturers.

@4V50 Gary
Till August there will be two versions, if necessary I am also capable of designing/constructing a third version this year, but as I have mentioned, it is dependent on the manufacturers.

It would be the most satisfying situation for me, to have more versions for every customers needs, but if the expected sales numbers of a special version are too small, I am afraid that nobody will produce it.
Old August 21, 2018, 02:57 PM   #27
homegunsmithunger

Update: The receiver is finished and also handfitted to an original Ruger 10/22 stock. The stock was shortened a little bit and I am currently oiling it every day, to make it darker.

The rifle shoots flawless + extremely accurate and I can't wait to hear your opinions about the new receiver. I have designed it without any compromises and regardless of costs. I have tried to produce a receiver superior to any other receiver on the market.

At the weekend I will produce the video for THEFIREARMBLOG with my friends. I will post the link here, as soon as the report is online.

As soon as the report is published, I will show you more photos of the production process on instagram - homegunsmithunger.
Old August 22, 2018, 12:04 PM   #28
DaleA

Looking forward to it.
Old September 20, 2018, 01:45 PM   #29
homegunsmithunger

Hey Guys!

Pete from TFB wrote a great report about the new receiver, I can't thank him enough.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...side-takedown/

I really appreciate every comment/like/share, everything will help me to improve and bring it to the market.
Old September 20, 2018, 02:52 PM   #30
zukiphile

That's impressive.

On this prototype, the tolerances in the top of your receiver seem very tight or precise. With the addition of the picatinny block in the middle, you could probably make the top a fairly sloppy (i.e. loose) fit with no adverse effect on function.
Old September 20, 2018, 03:21 PM   #31
homegunsmithunger

@zukiphile
Thank you very much, the tolerance is just 0,0004 inches, for mass production there should be more play for sure. I have just produced it so accurate, to test my machining abilities

Last edited by homegunsmithunger; September 20, 2018 at 05:34 PM.
Old October 14, 2018, 08:20 AM   #32
smee78

Wow, I am impressed. It looks like a well thought out and well executed idea. I hope your idea gets picked up by and goes mainstream. Please keep up the good work and good luck with your designs.
Old November 6, 2018, 04:45 PM   #33
homegunsmithunger

Hey Guys!

Today I have made the first accuracy test with the rifle at 109.3 yards (100m) and this was the result with Remington Golden Bullet HP .22lr:

I have shot more similar groups, but it was not possible all the time with every ammo because there are things that need to be improved:

- the barrel was only cleaned with oil since I have it (over 5000 rounds)
- I have shot 10 different types of ammo (lead and plated), and I could see that every change of the ammo decreased the accuracy for the next 10-20 rounds
- the barrel was too hot most of the time, the accuracy was better when the barrel was not completely hot
- the rifle has no proper bedding, it is just a wood stock
- I have used large scope but I had no proper mount with the necessary stability
- some ammo was real garbage, and I had no Lapua, Eley...

It was just a test with minor preperation to see the potential of the rifle, but the results really motivate me to improve the accuracy to the highest possible level, it should be possible to achieve the accuracy of a good bolt action rifle. The receiver still works flawless and it is a pleasure to clean the rifle with the removable top part

I keep you updated about the progress of the project.
Old February 13, 2019, 02:35 PM   #34
timpierce

I want one for my next build!