The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old June 17, 2018, 10:29 AM   #1
ammo.crafter

Trenton NJ shooting

Another NJ shooting at a gun-free zone in Trenton.

This impacts me personally as my social worker daughter was in attendance at this community art show.

I am certain we will have the usual outcry from the usual groups demanding more gun control and I am certain Gov Murphy will rapidly comply.

My daughter is fine but she was very aggravated that her Pennsylvania CCW license does not permit her to carry in New Jersey.
Old June 17, 2018, 03:52 PM   #2
Dave Chuppa

I may be missing out on things but, if I can’t carry, I don’t go. It’s crazy out there and I want to have a chance to make it back home.
Old June 17, 2018, 08:42 PM   #3
BarryLee

Seems like this was gang related and one of the shooters was recently released from prison on "homicide-related charges". Apparently the Police realized there was an issue and were trying to shut things down before the shooting.

While these criminals used guns to commit these acts of vilonce the guns were not the problem. Possible problems: gang violence, criminal justice system, lack of Police resources...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/22...ing/ar-AAyL6Hv
A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it ... gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
- Milton Friedman
Old June 17, 2018, 08:57 PM   #4
Double Naught Spy

I find it interesting, the dichotomy of proclaiming guns are not the problem while at the same time proclaiming that gun free zones are.
Old June 17, 2018, 09:41 PM   #5
Aguila Blanca
Staff

How many people, on this forum and other forums, have expressed the thought that if you can't trust a person with a gun, why the [bleep] are you letting him out of prison?

Case in point ...
Old June 18, 2018, 10:47 AM   #6
jmhyer

Also, my recollection is that the incident occurred around 3 AM. Another incident that proves the adage "nothing good happens after midnight."
Old June 18, 2018, 11:22 AM   #7
FITASC

Quote:
I may be missing out on things but, if I can’t carry, I don’t go. It’s crazy out there and I want to have a chance to make it back home.
Depends on WHERE and WHEN.
"I believe that people have a right to decide their own destinies; people own themselves. I also believe that, in a democracy, government exists because (and only so long as) individual citizens give it a 'temporary license to exist'—in exchange for a promise that it will behave itself. In a democracy, you own the government—it doesn't own you."- Frank Zappa