The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old January 7, 2018, 08:19 PM   #1
Ralph Allen

Sig VTAC,etc

Has anyone seen a Sig VTAC? Also, does any one have or has shot a Sig P320 RX Compact or a Sig P320 X Carry? Any info or insight? Thanks, Ralph
Old January 9, 2018, 08:05 PM   #2
Ralph Allen

Wow. I guess these are made of unobtainium from upper unobtainia.
Old January 9, 2018, 09:23 PM   #3
raimius

P320 Compact RX

-Decent, but not spectacular trigger (medium weight, very definite reset, slightly squishy before the break)
-The suppressor height sights work great. They are easily seen through the optic (which helps recenter things, when you are starting to use a RDS on a handgun).
-Easy disassembly and cleaning
-Reasonably simple operations for the optic
-Seems to be at least as accurate as I am...but I haven't practiced enough lately!
Old January 10, 2018, 07:04 PM   #4
Ralph Allen

Thanks for the input on the P320 RX Compact. My local dealer has both that one and the P 320 X Carry.
Ralph
Old January 10, 2018, 07:08 PM   #5
1stmar

Trugger gets better with more rounds. I have a full size rx and the sight couldnt be easier. Leave it on. Auto shuts off and turns on with motion.
Old January 11, 2018, 03:40 PM   #6
Bart Noir

Raimius I agree with your words. My 320RX is very new so it has the modified trigger (remember the 320 drop-n-fire issues?).

Which trigger design is yours?

I can hardly wait to get more trigger time with it. It has had only one trip to the range. Since I had to start learning a new trigger at the same time as a new sighting system, I have only started to get actually proficient. As they say, "Loud noises make you better" or something like that.

Bart Noir
Old January 11, 2018, 07:52 PM   #7
raimius

I have the newer trigger version.
Old January 12, 2018, 11:31 AM   #8
Ralph Allen

Both of the guns my local dealer has, the P 320 RX and the P 320 X Carry have the new triggers. The X Carry's trigger feels better in the store with snap caps in place. Anybody have actual shooting time with any of the Sig X series straight triggers? Going to buy one or the other this Saturday. Still not 100% certain which one to get. Can put the reflex sight on the X Carry, but if you make it the same as the RX model, that adds suppressor height sights as well as the optic to the price. Trying to justify the cost difference.
Ralph