The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Harley Nolden Memorial Institute for Firearms Research

Old May 30, 2008, 09:03 PM   #1
fnewguy

Need info about Browning BDA .380

I've searched but haven't been able to find any info regarding a possible limited edition of Browning BDA .380's put out in 2006; here's the link www.blueridgeoutdoorsports.com/product902.html
I know that Browning made these, rather Beretta, from 1980-1997. I was told that at the 2006 Shot Show Browning took orders for a # of the pistols to be made. These 06 versions appear to have a much brighter/glossier nickel finish than the original versions, the grips also appear to have a darker wood than the originals.

If anyone knows anything about this please let me know if these were in fact a limited edition batch, or is this a pic of a good renickel job on an older model.?
Old June 12, 2008, 06:46 PM   #2
mhuegerich

fnewguy,

Cabelas has had the same gun on sale in their local add over the past several months. The slide in your attached pic is marked FNH, so maybe the gun is produced by FNH for Browning.

I had one of the older blue model BDA 380's. Still kick myself for selling it.
Old June 12, 2008, 07:17 PM   #3
JWT

Fabrique Nationale (FN Herstal) owns the Browning name and produces some of the handguns that have the Browning name on them.
Old August 17, 2008, 12:55 PM   #4
RevolverRO

The BDA .380's were manufactured by Beretta for FN, who marketed them in the US under the Browning label. if you look at a US Browning BDA you will see FN and Beretta markings on the gun but Browning markings on the grips.

FN sold the same guns in europe with FN logos on plastic grips (vs the wooden browning grips in the states).

There is also a .32 acp version sold by FN, it is more popular in Europe then in the states. Either SOG or CDNN had some .32 BDA's recently.