The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old January 27, 2009, 06:20 PM   #26
Tombstonejim

I believe that would get me laughed off the skeet range about as fast as anything.
Old January 27, 2009, 06:21 PM   #27
FyredUp

Umm, huh? Why all the negativity? Other than the site rail what is so out there about this shotgun? If you like it buy it, if not buy what you like.
Old January 27, 2009, 06:25 PM   #28
rantingredneck

Don't much care for the thumbhole stock. Handled a new 870 express with the new buck rogers forend and didn't like it too much either.

I like either the police style wood stocks or speedfeed II synthetics on my 870's.

PCCA Member (What's PCCA you ask? <- Check the link)
Old January 27, 2009, 07:43 PM   #29
lipadj46

Quote:
Umm, huh? Why all the negativity? Other than the site rail what is so out there about this shotgun?
When it comes to shotguns for whatever reason even guys who like their black rifles extra ninjacled turn into old farts and if it's not an old school approved model then it horrid. If the OP likes it then go for it. The scope mount is a bit tacked on but the thumbhole stocks are good for turkey hunting especially if you live in a ban state and a pistol grip will give you an assault weapon.
Old January 30, 2009, 05:02 PM   #30
dgludwig

No- all it needs is a racing stripe and a cup holder. But it's still a gun and I'm pretty magnanimous when it comes to fellow gun owners- whatever floats your boat!
Old January 31, 2009, 01:19 AM   #31
inSight-NEO

Regarding the "aesthetics" of this weapon..well...each to his own I guess. Hopefully, in this case, function supercedes form.
Old January 31, 2009, 03:59 AM   #32
zippy13

Remington's silly stock

NOT...
It has a silly stock!

Did anyone else happen to notice that the new "SureShot" stock has a cheek piece on the wrong side? I think Remington has gone over the edge with an ambidextrous stock on a side eject gun. What's next, an ambidextrous palm swell?
Old February 1, 2009, 12:31 PM   #33
jager

Not

eeek ... I would hate to get stuck in the brush with that one .....
Old February 1, 2009, 05:13 PM   #34
FyredUp

I actually kind of like this other than the cheesy sight rail.

To be honest I have seen some pictures of AR-10's and AR-15's and M1A's and 10/22's and even my beloved AK-47 on this site that about had me falling out of my chair laughing at the all the crap hung on them. And I don't mean the ones where someone was trying to be funny either. To me they looked hysterical to the owner it was the cat's ass. To each his own. Kind of like the kid down the block with the big muffler hanging off the back of his little econo-racecar...I think it looks like crap, he and his buddies think it is cool as hell.

Personal choice because if we are going to standardize all guns i get to beon the committee or I ain't playing!!