The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Closed Thread

Old October 16, 2008, 06:11 AM   #1
surg_res

No talk of gun control during debates?

I'm not surprised that the network-born presidential debates avoided talk about gun control, as that would only hurt Obama bin biden's stance with Joe Plumber, as he huddles in his living room 'clinging to his guns and religion."

Don't let your guard down, I'm sure Obama bin biden has a plan for your guns and ammunition!
Old October 16, 2008, 06:15 AM   #2
sourdough44

You would think McCain would find a way to work it in. Many of the answers are pre-planned anyway.
Old October 16, 2008, 06:16 AM   #3
rogertc1

The media and Obama has kept gun control pretty hush hush. I bet gun sales are up these next few weeks and following. If the anti-gun Obama gets elected. Sad how some TFL members support him. I already voted for McCain.
Old October 16, 2008, 06:35 AM   #4
bobn

i cannot help but think the recent supreme court rulling had some politically motivated timming. especially since the areas such as ill, nj, ca, and dc are ignoring it anyway.
Old October 16, 2008, 06:43 AM   #5
thallub

They did not talk about it because both McCain and Obama have pretty dismal records when it comes to gun control. Google up the McCain- Lieberman "gun show loophole" bill.
Old October 16, 2008, 06:54 AM   #6
PSP

Let's hope politicians have figured out it is a hot topic and will bring them only problems when they are on the wrong side. Let's hope.
Old October 16, 2008, 07:08 AM   #7
HOGGHEAD

Gun Control

I live in West Virginia. And West Virginia is a Democratic state that turned Republican for President for one reason only. Gun Control. If Al Gore would have carried WV(As he should have if he was not for Gun Control) then he would have won the election. That is how close it was. The Democrats did not learn that, and IMO GC also cost Kerry the election. They have learned this time, and they are shutting their mouths about guns. But believe me if Obama wins he will then open his mouth about gun control--so get ready.

The biggest problem is that I never thought McCain was a wimp!! But I really believe he is. If I were running for President I would have torn into Obama's ***. But McCain did not tear into him, and I can not for the life of me understand why. What could it hurt, he is losing anyhow.

I personally do not care for either one of them. I actually believe either VP candidate would make a better President.

I am a registered Democrat. But I am really torn between these two guys. I honestly do not know what to do. I find it hard to believe that these are the two best guys that we could come up with.

Guns are important to me. But I personally believe the economy is the bigger issue. The problem is I do not think either one of them have any idea what to do about the economy. And Obama actually scares me more on the macro economy. But since I am retired, the Micro economy actually affects my personal finances more. And I think Obama will be better for the little guys like me. But I personally think his economic ideas could tear the economy into 4 pieces. I personally believe it is already torn into 2 pieces. Tom.
Old October 16, 2008, 07:11 AM   #8
Kreyzhorse

Quote:
They did not talk about it because both McCain and Obama have pretty dismal records when it comes to gun control. Google up the McCain- Lieberman "gun show loophole" bill.
The NRA once rated McCain as a "D" on gun rights. While I don't trust Obama at all to protect my gun rights, I don't think that McCain is our new Charlton Heston.
Old October 16, 2008, 07:18 AM   #9
Bud Helms

Partisan politics. I'd let it go, since it is right on topic, but the name calling just won't fly.

Closed.
Closed Thread