The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old October 13, 2012, 04:49 PM   #1
droptrd

Where can i find a copy of the 2012 hodgdon manual?

Ive searched all over the net. cant find one for sale.
Old October 13, 2012, 04:53 PM   #2
praetorian97

You can print the pages you need for free off the website.
Old October 13, 2012, 05:02 PM   #3
droptrd

ah ha. thanks. my next question was if the stuff on their site is the same stuff in their annual. cool. I needed some cfe223 data. I found what i needed on the hodgdon site but wasnt sure if they had more data in the book.
Old October 13, 2012, 05:05 PM   #4
Unclenick
Staff

I think all their current data is on the site. It gets updated periodically, so it's actually more current than printed matter. Also, for those who haven't looked, when you hit the print button you also get the primers, cases, and velocity barrel length used to develop the listed loads.
NRA Benefactor Member and Golden Eagle
Old October 13, 2012, 06:57 PM   #5
Misssissippi Dave

When I order powder from Powder Valley I check off getting a manual too. It got sent to me with the powder. The data is the same as what I got at their website. It saved me from having to print it out. Just a suggestion.
Old October 14, 2012, 12:45 AM   #6
Sevens

I love Hodgdon powders because I love their fast & flexible (and comprehensive!) online data source.

If I have to find even a minor annoyance with Hodgdon, it's that "Annual Manual." In my opinion, it's a magazine. It's the same stuff as their *FREE* printed guide that you can find a stack of at a good handloading-stocked store.

And as was said, the data in their free printed guide, which is the same as the $12 "annual, not really a manual" is also the same data that you can find at the online source.

Hodgdon is good people and they distribute great products and support them well, but the Annual Manual should be four or five bucks, next to Guns & Ammo.
Old October 15, 2012, 10:33 PM   #7
A_Gamehog

The beauty of buying their annual reloader guide is they include some extensive "pet loads" with any new powder that's out, eg. CFE it's a ball powder and to m y knowledge is Not Immune to temp swings, unlike their flagship "Extreme" powders.