The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old November 15, 2013, 07:25 PM   #1
Chad.C

Slug gun sight recommendations

I got a slug barrel for my 870 and it came with a cheap scope that has no eye relief whatsoever so i need a recommendation for some nice iron sights that I could mount on the weaver rail it doesn't need to be anything fancy just something that will get me through deer season
Old November 15, 2013, 07:57 PM   #2
Sarge

Depends on how far you're shooting. I generally do well with a bead to about 50-60 yards.
Old November 15, 2013, 08:07 PM   #3
Pahoo

RedDot

I'd suggest a RedDot and no magnification !! ....

Be Safe !!!
Old November 17, 2013, 08:53 PM   #4
Chad.C

The red dot sounds like a good choice i never put much thought into it because all my huntin friends use scopes or beads but i will have to look into it
Old November 17, 2013, 09:59 PM   #5
Nathan

Red dots are really nice for hunting. Leave the dot on any time the gun is loaded.
Old November 18, 2013, 07:41 PM   #6
Pahoo

They work Great !!!

Quote:
because all my huntin friends use scopes or beads but i will have to look into it
Well, I helped a neighbor of mine set one up and when he went hunting with his buddies. The previous year he was have problems on running or moving shots. They kind of scoffed at this and made snide remarks. That afternoon, he took a nice buck at 80yds. or so he claims. His buddies just said it was luck. They are great optics for slug-guns, once you understand what they are capable of doing. .....

Be Safe !!!