The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Closed Thread

Old January 21, 2011, 10:23 PM   #1
ChileVerde1

No delivery on Goods from gunner79

DON'T do business with this guy! Sent him $65.00 for a YHM flip up sight and weeks later no response or sight. He can't find the tracking number and he didn't insure the sight. He has quite a few negative comments in the feedback thread. Either the guy does this on purpose or he's just very unlucky. I wrote it off as a loss. I don't have time to deal with it! Here's the last correspondance:

So I'm guessng no tracking number, right? With all due respect, if you were to refund anything it should be the whole amount, after all, you as the person mailing it should have A, insured it , and B, kept the tracking number. Were I in your situation that's what I would have done. It's the proper thing to do.

Think about it for a second, I sent you money for something you can't even prove existed or was mailed to me. You recieved my money with no problem, that was my end of the bargain. I have not recieved the sight, that was your end. You should have been able to refund my money and haggle with the carrier on your end for the loss of the alleged sight if you had insured it and were able to track it.

I'll be honest with you, had I read all your negative comments on the feedback board I probably would not have done business with you. You have a lot on there and I'm inclined to believe they can't all be crazy or wrong. I'm really not expecting to recieve the sight or any money, especially the full amount, which I feel I'm entitled to. So just keep it. I don't have time or patience for the back and forth. I've made my peace with it! I had a bad feeling this would happen from the beginning.

If by some chance the sight shows up or you're able to track it and square it away with the USPS, or send my money back, then an apology is in order.

Regards,

Art

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunner79
give it a few more days. if it doesnt show ill refund half your money
Old January 22, 2011, 12:03 AM   #2
gunner79

wow
Old January 22, 2011, 01:22 AM   #3
ChileVerde1

I'm a Police Officer by trade. I have a lifetime of government service and if I were to take your alleged sight and claim that it were stolen that would be theft and I could loose my job or at least be investigated by internal affairs.

Again, were I in your position I would have kept the tracking number and insured the package. It would have cost you about one dollar. That way if something goes wrong you can refund the seller their money and reclaim yours. Easy enough! Seriously man, just keep the money, it's really not worth my trouble.

FYI querry your screen name and you'll see you have a lot of negative feedback back to 2008. Mainly from backing out of deals etc... It really speaks to your credability. If you make a deal on here you have to honor it. I lost money on a Springfield 1911 I sent to WI. It cost me about $79.00 to send but I made the deal and stuck to my word. Nextime say buyer pays shipping!

I'd like to think that you just didn't flat out take the cash and lean towards the explanation that you may just be a very unreliable or informal person. Like I said man the classy thing to do is a full refund because you dropped the ball. Again, that's what I or most other guys here would do. So seriously, if your offering up half because you feel I bear some responsability then just keep it! You really might need it more than I do. I really don't need the cash, it's really just on principle. It's obvious to me you don't get the point. Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunner79
look I sent out the sight. If your talking about the negitve feedback I got for the colt I had for sale, you have no idea what happened.
The guy wanted the pistol, made an offer, he wanted me to pay shipping. At first I said ok, but after seeing shipping would cost me $65. I declined his offer. NO money was exchanged.

Your not the only one out here. I dont rip people off. I have sold lots on this site. and on ebay. As far as I know you got the sight.
Like I said Ill refund half your money.
Old January 22, 2011, 01:57 AM   #4
ChileVerde1

gunner79 offered a refund

gunner79 has offered to refund my money and I've sent him my address. A retraction of my comments will be pending reciept of my refund.
Old January 22, 2011, 12:56 PM   #5
ChileVerde1

Thanks

No he's out of Washington State. Again, he's offered to refund my money and I think he just made a mistake by not tracking and insuring the package so I'll wait and see if he, in fact follows through with what he said. It really is all about integrity at a place like this. Someone ought to start a post about proper etiquette on here. Maybe I'll do that if I have time.
Old January 29, 2011, 01:34 AM   #6
ChileVerde1

One week and still waiting?

Refund? I spoke to another board member who said he'd take the M16 20rd mags off him in the same thread I responded to about the sight and he stated that he never heard back from old gunner79. Backed out again!

Last edited by ChileVerde1; January 29, 2011 at 01:40 AM. Reason: added info
Old January 29, 2011, 02:46 PM   #7
Shane Tuttle
Staff

Thanks for the feedback, Verde.

PM sent and thread is sumarily closed.

Posting and YOU: http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting
Closed Thread