The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old October 17, 2020, 08:27 AM   #1
PushPuller

EOtech 512 vs XPS2

Good morning y'all. So iv recently had my EOtech 512 suddenly quit working and have been going around with EOtech about what I need to do to fix it. being that it was manufactured in 2012 they aren't to keen on repairing it and offered a 50% coupon with their trade up program. Iv LOVED my 512 in the past but really don't like how with back up irons or a magnifier it pushed the battery pack out past the receiver over the handguard (purely aesthetic).

Iv been eyeing the newer XPS2 for some time now and now have a decent opportunity get one, but i don't know anyone who has one or ever used one.

Does anybody know if they are as durable/quality as the 512 is? I know the battery life is a bit less for having a more expensive battery but I don't go to the range for a thousand hours a year anymore so that isn't a huge concern to me.
Old October 19, 2020, 01:04 PM   #2
GE-Minigun

It's my understanding the XPS is a shortened version of the 512, plus some other "enhancements"...extended battery life and less prone to battery damage as recoil is axial and not longitudinal and the ability to use NV.