The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Semi-automatics

Old April 15, 2018, 12:11 PM   #1
bfoosh006

So you want to see what a Patriotic American AR15 ( and much more )manufacturer is about ?

IMHO, this video speaks volumes... watch it until the end, it is worth it.

From selling mags and ammo out of a garage in 2008... to a major manufacturer today.

I am so happy / proud to see this kind of company still exists in the USA.

The updated Unlimited Lifetime Warranty only solidifies my product confidence level.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3eQ...ature=youtu.be

Last edited by bfoosh006; April 15, 2018 at 12:18 PM.
Old April 15, 2018, 07:37 PM   #2
Theohazard

I shouldn’t have to watch a YouTube video to fully understand what a thread is about. Can you describe what the video contains, starting with the name of the manufacturer?
Old April 16, 2018, 08:02 AM   #3
kymasabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theohazard View Post
I shouldn’t have to watch a YouTube video to fully understand what a thread is about. Can you describe what the video contains, starting with the name of the manufacturer?
Is about Palmetto State Armory. Decent video.
I personally own a few of their products and buy from them fairly often. I recently had an excellent customer service experience with them and left a review in the "Retail Deals and Feedback" section.
Old April 16, 2018, 08:15 AM   #4
BumbleBug

Good video. I was surprise to see that the "Patriotic American Mfg" was PSA. It was interesting to note the owner's final comments about getting as many AR rifles into circulation as possible would some how nullify any gun control. Something to think about.
Old April 16, 2018, 01:16 PM   #5
hdwhit

Quote:
BumbleBug wrote:
...the owner's final comments about getting as many AR rifles into circulation as possible would some how [sic] nullify any gun control.
I don't see how it has any effect on anything other than PSA's bottom-line.

When was the last time the Federal Government banned a type of legally owned firearm and then proceeded to confiscate all the ones in private hands?

And if, as with prior bans, the government simply bans further manufacture of a type of firearm, but doen't confiscate the ones currently in circulation why would the fact that there were 70 million in people's hands or only 10 million?

Sounds like the owner of PSA is hoping to profit by sowing fear, uncertainty and doubt.
Old April 16, 2018, 06:59 PM   #6
Art Eatman
Staff in Memoriam

Mybe he's thinking that more sales = more voters. And letters, emails and phone calls.
Old April 16, 2018, 09:07 PM   #7
rickyrick

PSA can’t ship stuff fast enough to put millions of weapons out fast.
Companies are awash with AR stuff anticipating a Hilary win. Still can’t sell it. They want prices up in a really saturated market. I’m thinking that they need a panic right now.
Old April 16, 2018, 11:33 PM   #8
kymasabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyrick View Post
PSA can’t ship stuff fast enough to put millions of weapons out fast.
Companies are awash with AR stuff anticipating a Hilary win. Still can’t sell it. They want prices up in a really saturated market. I’m thinking that they need a panic right now.
Companies aren't awash with AR stuff and incapable of selling it. Palmetto sells out of their weekend special stuff all the time, and has slow shipping because they're buried under a deluge of orders, Bear Creek Arsenal is out of alot of product, Toms Tactical has delayed shipping because of all the orders they have, Aim Surplus sells out quickly when they get popular parts in stock, and more. I'm on a few "notify me when item is back in stock" lists.
Old April 17, 2018, 12:04 AM   #9
mellow_c

Good for PSA.

Good for us.

Good for USA.

Was pretty impressed to hear him talking about their warranty. I've had to return a few things to them. They always make it right. They have my support and I'm glad that the founder has the intention to support us as well.
Old April 17, 2018, 02:05 AM   #10
rickyrick

I would say that 29$ lowers, bundle deals and giving away free pmags is s good sign that the market is saturated. There was a time that you couldn’t find a bcg, now I have some laying in a drawer because I got them thrown in when purchasing something else.

PSA has some decent products with garbage shipping. They also have had issues with employee integrity.
I like PSA products and own them. I used to buy thier excuses for slow shipping and wretchedly poor customer service. They’ve been around too long to continually have problems. Other busy and popular companies give you your product, give you a secure transaction and reasonable shipping times... PSA gives you excuses; and you’ll get the product... eventually. Haven’t even gotten to the bad stuff yet.
Old April 17, 2018, 01:47 PM   #11
bfoosh006

@rickyrick

I think you will find, PSA is much better at shipping now-a-days.

I recently ordered a 20" FN CHF upper ( and some ammo ) and it arrived in a total of 9 days.. from my order time to at my door step... clear across the nation.

Frankly, Brownells takes longer. ANd that shipping time is well within ( if not better ) then all the other places I order from.

I have seen the good times and the bad times as well.

But, PSA is working very hard on CS and delivery times.... as well as any other "growing pains" from such a fast growth.

Josiah, on AR15.com's PSA Industry forum is handling all issues in a very satisfying manner. The addition of him, has made a considerable / noticeable improvement.

And I am not arguing your perspective at all.

But, I think if you try them again.. we'll be pleasantly surprised.
Old April 17, 2018, 03:25 PM   #12
rickyrick

That’s fair.
I like thier products, not knocking them on that.
I used to tolerate the shipping times, but had a much more serious issue with them that was so serious, there’s no way they haven’t fixed it.