The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old April 18, 2018, 08:52 PM   #51
9mm

I own 14 rimfire guns, 3 are rifles and rest are pistols. There is already 3 or 4 more I want within the next year. Rimfire is so cheap to shoot!
Old April 18, 2018, 09:15 PM   #52
223 shooter

Quote:
Has everyone who frequents this web-site forsaken their .22 rimfire firearms for center-fire? Help me understand, or at least "tell me to get lost".
I for one won't tell you to get lost! Seems like most of the really dedicated 22 pistol shooters I know are much more into target shooting rather than combat shooting. At the range I frequent most often I rarely see anyone fire a centerfire handgun at more than 7 yards with the exception of handgun hunters.

While I also enjoy defensive pistol shooting I probably get a lot more satisfaction of shooting a nice 25 or 50 yard target with a 22lr.
Old April 19, 2018, 04:05 PM   #53
SPEMack618

I shot small bore all through high school and college. I use to work for the Boy Scouts, where I taught the rifle merit badge. A lot.

The next time I want to shoot a .22 LR firearm is if my sister asks me to teach her kid how to shoot.
"The answer to any caliber debate is going to be .38 Super, 10mm, .357 Sig, or .41 Magnum"
Old April 19, 2018, 09:44 PM   #54
Armed_Chicagoan

I've been searching in vain the last 2 weeks for the case I transport my Ruger MkII in. I wouldn't care so much except it contains all 4 of my magazines for that gun, and it has seemingly been swallowed by a black hole. I'm beginning to think it's gone for good somehow and I'll have to buy new mags.
Old April 19, 2018, 10:07 PM   #55
riffraff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armed_Chicagoan View Post
I've been searching in vain the last 2 weeks for the case I transport my Ruger MkII in. I wouldn't care so much except it contains all 4 of my magazines for that gun, and it has seemingly been swallowed by a black hole. I'm beginning to think it's gone for good somehow and I'll have to buy new mags.
Look at it on the bright side - you could tell your wife the mags are lost therefore it makes more sense to buy a new gun.
Old Yesterday, 07:14 AM   #56
LBussy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armed_Chicagoan View Post
That's a bummer.

I wish Ruger still sold those things ... the MK IV comes with a snazzy cardboard box!