The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old November 20, 2020, 05:33 PM   #1
wild cat mccane

Bought the Beretta 1301 Comp off looks...best semi auto? Difference between 400a?

So super excited with zero buyers remorse on my Beretta 1301 Comp with a 21" barrel. Thing is beautiful. Utah it doing horrible with Covid, so haven't gone out to shoot it yet.

Quickly learning some things I didn't know about the 1301. A lot, as I'm totally new to semi auto.

I've quickly learned this gas system was borrowed from parent company Beretta to put in the Benelli M4 which is supposed to be the most reliable semi auto. That's odd. Turns the M4 is likely more reliable than the M2, which contradicts everything I read about gas vs inertia systems. Seems to be the spoken word on Enos. Reads that this system is semi self cleaning.

I get people like the 24" barrel, by my word is this 21" handy. Would have even been happy with 20". Do it again, I would do the 21" again.

Length of pull at 13" is fantastic.

The stepped rib instead of the "American" flab rib is truly impressive for comfort and putting the sight where I think I want it fast.

Mid bead with the fiber front is just so much better to me than the front only set up I had with the CZ 712 and water fowl 930.

So is the difference between the Beretta 400a and the 1301? I'm seeing the 1301 Comp Pro (most expensive version) cheaper than most the available 400a.Simply the 400a longer barrel lengths? Difference of kick off system in front vs rear? Barrel length? just the wood?

I'm reading this Blink system at 4 shots in under a second is extremely fast.

I paid too much for the 1301. However, looking at the other options, it's looking like this 1301 is way overlooked.

Last edited by wild cat mccane; November 20, 2020 at 05:52 PM.