The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old December 26, 2018, 08:43 PM   #1
AERacing1813

Best Armslist deal you have got?

Hey guys, new to the forum and figured I'd say Hello!

I cruise Armslist quite often and find good deals every so often, Just curious what kind of deals y'all have got that you couldn't refuse?

Some decent deals I have got are...

1) MY G17 Gen3 (LNIB) traded for FN Five-Seven, guy wanted something cheaper to shoot.

2) MY Benelli Nova 12G traded for Springfield EMP 9mm, shot little carried a lot.

3) CZ Shadow2, I got practically for free from bartering an item with a value of approximately $25

4) Ruger Single-Six 4th year of production all original, no box -$80 (guy inherited it, don't like western guns)

*All firearms were SN checked, and I refuse to do a sale/purchase if the person is unwilling to meet supply legal identification and CCW# along with all the usual information*

Last edited by AERacing1813; December 26, 2018 at 08:49 PM.
Old December 26, 2018, 09:43 PM   #2
Targa

I just picked up a NIB Rossi 4” Plinker .22lr for $270. These things are getting pretty hard to find and when you do they won’t be for the price I paid for this one.....
It is the only purchase I have made using armslist but it is one of my best.
Old December 27, 2018, 08:10 AM   #3
huntinaz

Few months ago I bought a Glock 23, a Ruger 10/22 and a Ruger LCP $500 for the lot. Sold the LCP and 10/22 for $400. So I have $100 into the Glock 23 (Gen 3, in perfect shape) with bright night sights and 3 mags and kept an extra 10/22 mag. Pretty good.
Old December 27, 2018, 08:51 AM   #4
Barr

Sterling semi-auto SMG that is not made any more. Not a screaming deal but 30% under GunBroker pricing. Uncommon gun only converted for 3 years and bring high premiums.
Old December 27, 2018, 01:00 PM   #5
kmw1954

22LR and a Witness Pavona 380. Two other deals for reloading supplies that went but. One I couldn't get the guy to set up a meet and the other drove 45min then waited almost an hour for a no show. When I arrived home there was a message with apology and request to set up another meet which I declined.

I will only do in-state face-to-face deals found on Armslist.
Old December 27, 2018, 02:25 PM   #6
FrankenMauser

I avoid Armslist.
I have a bit of a strange approach to firearms: I feel that if I'm meant to have something, it will find its way to me. I shouldn't have to look for it.

But, when I was searching for the right .480 Ruger, Armslist was the only place that had what I wanted at a price I was willing to pay ... and the seller was an FFL, not a private party.
I picked up a first run Super Redhawk for about $350 less than market value, simply because it was grimy, greasy, filthy, and absolutely disgusting.

I've had a couple transactions get put in motion by Utah Gun Exchange (UGE) and another local/regional classifieds site. (The latter will not be named, as they no longer allow anything even remotely firearm related - not even reloading supplies.)
A notable UGE transaction involved a listing brought to my attention by a family member. An uncommon NOS Marlin was picked up for less than half of market value for a nice used example (~$400 saved), let alone what a properly advertised NOS sample could have realized as an auction listing (~$800-1,000 more).
Old December 28, 2018, 09:45 AM   #7
Areoflyer09

I’ve had positive experiences s with Armslist.

Recently scored a Sig MPX Carbine for about 60% of the costs from the online stores, swapped a home brew AR for a CZ PCR and cash.
Old January 1, 2019, 03:28 AM   #8
eagleno49

Most of the armslist listings in my area are people asking for the same amount of money that you can buy one new for. I almost traded a Glock I had for a used airlite J frame but the guy backed out. He said something must be wrong with my Glock, why would I want to trade a gun that holds 10 rounds for one that holds five.