The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old November 7, 2019, 04:34 PM   #1
mellow_c

Looking for a factory replacement trigger for early CZ 75B Omega.

I have a CZ 75B Omega, it’s the same model as the one in this link.

https://www.gunsinternational.com/gu...n_id=100425576

(Upswept beaver tail, Omega trigger but with the original tighter curve, regular hammer and regular sights.)

I bought this pistol used and the trigger it’s self had some pretty dramatic wear on both sides of the face. It’s as if someone wore two rings on their trigger finger and that both were rubbing on either side of the trigger while pulling it, wearing through the black finish and leaving scratches and marks from the metal of their rings rubbing off on to the metal of the trigger.

It looked terrible and I still don’t t understand what the previous owner must have done to cause this.

I ended up removing the trigger and sanding the sides of the face to remove the marks and even out the wear. Then I cold blued the bare steel that was left.
It looks better but not good if you look at it up close because of the difference between the original finish and the cold blue finish.

Rather than try to actually refinish this trigger completely, I would prefer to go the easy route and just buy a new one.

However, I’m not sure what to buy or what will fit.

I’d like either the exact same shape and black colored trigger in like new condition. Or possibly a shiny (stainless steel?) one, again, of the same shape.

From the outside, this trigger looks to be the same (has the same shape) as a regular and original CZ 75B trigger. However my pistol is an Omega. Are the triggers the same?

Would someone be able to help me by explaining what triggers will meet my criteria, will work in this gun, and where to buy them?
Old November 8, 2019, 03:04 AM   #2
armoredman

Have you asked over at CZ Forum, czfirearms.us?
Old November 10, 2019, 09:36 AM   #3
sevt_chevelle

Nope standard and omega triggers won't swap back and forth. Go to czusa and order a new cz trigger.
Old November 10, 2019, 02:51 PM   #4
T. O'Heir

Discontinued 2015 and was a limited production thing. So you really need to talk to CZUSA to find out if you can get parts.
Or these guys.
https://cajungunworks.com/product-category/75-b-omega/
Old November 10, 2019, 06:54 PM   #5
mellow_c

Thanks.

I ended up calling CZ and talked to a smith. It sounds like there is only one trigger that would be what I’m after, and it is the same black factory replacement as the one I have.

All the omega triggers have one trigger bar, while the original design has two. And there is only one plain black trigger that has the older style curve to it while also being an omega (one trigger bar) style trigger.

He gave me a part number, so I guess if I can’t stand the uneven finish on the one I have, I can order the new exact replacement.

Last edited by mellow_c; November 10, 2019 at 09:07 PM.