The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old January 31, 2019, 09:36 PM   #26
kenny53

I have a number of guns. I am trying to figure out if there is anything I want. I don't need any additional guns. Not sure I really want anything right now. I don't want a new caliber. Maybe another 1911, just because. But I won't sale any. The kids get them when I tip over. I have listed the guns and putting names next to them.
Old February 1, 2019, 02:07 PM   #27
SIGSHR

I have a lot more than I need and not as many as I'd like.
Old February 1, 2019, 02:22 PM   #28
Jim567

Three rifles, 5 pistols.

But ----- I could get out of control with the wants -

45-70 single shots

Swiss straight pulls

From there it could snowball so quickly lol!!!
Old February 1, 2019, 04:37 PM   #29
Backwoods Bastard

Yea I think at this stage in my collection it's become all about "wants" over "needs". Although I do tell myself that I need that one gun for a specific circumstance, lol....down the rabbit hole I go at that point.

The biggest thing that keeps me looking is the availability to shop/trade from home. Web sites like Gunbroker & TheOutdoorsTrader.com have me constantly looking what is posted. I keep telling my wife that we should shut the internet off since the urge is too strong for me not to look at guns.

Currently talking things out with another guy about trading a Weatherby Deluxe Vanguard for a All Weather Ruger & have 69 items on my watch list on Gunbroker....I was able to stop drinking & smoking, but guns are just too hard to stay away from when I find solid deals.
Old February 2, 2019, 04:39 AM   #30
ROCK6

I refuse to even consider it...well, actually, I need a new gun safe (currently have two) You know, you can get about 80 guns in a 60 gun safe if you're real creative

ROCK6
Old February 2, 2019, 11:28 PM   #31
FloridaGuy

I don’t sell any guns I purchase. I also make sure they all get shot at some point usually on a rotating basis. I currently have 5 safes that holds about 52 firearms a piece.