The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old January 30, 2019, 06:24 PM   #26
kenny53

Lot's and lot's of bullets. Like some others here I don't know how many mags I own or how many rounds of ammo I have. I know I have more ammo arriving in the next day or two.
Old January 30, 2019, 11:19 PM   #27
Bubbau

Several thousand until I lost them in a boating accident.
Old January 30, 2019, 11:31 PM   #28
lamarw

Bubbau, Was it on Lake Martin? If so, I will attempt to recover them when the weather warms up. I am so far out in the sticks to where no one cares how many trillions of rounds are in your possession.
Old January 31, 2019, 12:17 AM   #29
cslinger

If I carry the 6 ... the exact scientific amount is a [email protected]$$tload. Which is just a bit more than a barrel full.

I am a mag whore. Sue me.
Old January 31, 2019, 11:46 AM   #30
Charlie_98

Quote:
Sorry, I'm not going to waste that much time just to answer a question.....
...but you took the time to not answer the question? Hmmm...

Wherever you go, there you are...
Old January 31, 2019, 10:20 PM   #31
berettaprofessor

Quote:
orry, I'm not going to waste that much time just to answer a question.....
...but you took the time to not answer the question? Hmmm...
Old January 31, 2019, 10:43 PM   #32
jonnyc

Ok. I just counted one full mag for each firearm I have with a detachable mag. Total comes to 696 rounds. I'm not even going to think about counting all my extra mags, let alone all they rounds they could carry.
Old February 1, 2019, 10:53 AM   #33
Bozz10mm

Too much math for me. I have a lot of mags of varying capacity from 6 rounds to 30 rounds..
Old February 1, 2019, 03:18 PM   #34
44 AMP
Staff

Quote:
They don't think anyone needs more than one handgun / mag, if that.
OK, one of those "needs" people. That's fine. Let's play that game, see if they like it, turned back on them. No one "needs" more than ..say 600 calories a day to survive. No one "needs" more money than provided by minimum wage. I'm pretty sure you could go though nearly everything in their life and point out how they don't "need" it.

It's not a question of "need". Not at all. And, even if it were, (which its not), what makes them the authority on what other people "need"????

Do you NEED to maintain a relationship with that person? (relative or not?) or is it just a matter of "want" for convenience??

Seriously, the "needs" people just irritate me. Perhaps because I inherited too much attitude from my mother (the first elected female town supervisor in the over 200 year history of our township at the time) who's response to someone telling her what she "needed" was to look them in the eye, (if not spit in their eye), and ask the now decidedly un PC question "who died and made you God???"

I've seen her do it. More than once.
Old February 1, 2019, 05:09 PM   #35
DaleA

Nobody needs/Just one life

I fantasize about the “Great Gun Debate” which would be held in the “Big Hall” where the issue would for once and all be decided and the gun grabbers would admit defeat and quit trying to sleaze their way around the second amendment.

One of the high points in the debate would be when the anti-gunners proclaim “Nobody needs an ASSAULT WEAPON” (or hand gun or high capacity magazine or anything else they object to).

The gun rights guy (I always see the late Charlton Heston in this role) would stand up and cast a penetrating glare at the anti-gun folk while the gun rights folk would start to softly chant in the background “no-body-needs, no-body-needs” and then he’d rip off a couple dozen things near and dear to the anti-gun crowd and EVERYONE would see the fallacy of the argument.

I see the same thing happening when the anti-gun crowd would demand some concession by imploring everyone to grant it based on the argument that “If it would save JUST ONE LIFE, wouldn’t it be worth it?”

Again Heston would rise to the occasion while this time the gun rights folk would softly chant in the background (“just-one-life, just-one-life”) and then he’d rip off a couple dozen things near and dear to the anti-gun crowd and EVERYONE would see the fallacy of THAT argument too.

Disclaimer: once again, it’s really cold in the Twin Cities and maybe I really do have too much time on my hands.

P.S. There actually is, IMhO, a gun debate free of all the histrionics normally associated with the topic here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEemGkf_ETk
It’s kind of boring since there are no cheering/jeering crowds but a LOT of common anti-gun points are brought out and the gun rights guy wins the day (once again, IMhO) with logic and reason.
Old February 1, 2019, 05:10 PM   #36
Scorch

Quote:
example: you have one 10 round magazine and three 12 round magazines, so your total is 46 rounds.
Wow. One stick magazine for my Marlin Camp 9 that holds almost that many, and I have 5 of those! Let alone AR-15 mags, P-14 mags, M1A mags, 1911 mags, SIG P220 mags, and various 22LR mags, etc. Guess I didn't know it mattered! What matters is what you do with them.
Taylor Machine
Old February 2, 2019, 01:44 AM   #37
Hawg

a bunch.
Old February 2, 2019, 03:03 AM   #38
cannonfire

Former marine.... I can't count as high as the number of magazines I own, let alone count them and then multiply for round count....

I can count to 64, because 64 crayons come in a box
Old February 2, 2019, 04:35 AM   #39
ROCK6

A nonsensical post. I would estimate "all my magazines loaded" would get close to 20K rounds...just a rough estimate, plus or minus 10-15K

Those who have been infringed from a previous magazine "ban" know that stocking up (both ammo and) on magazines is the only logical answer...

ROCK6
Old February 2, 2019, 10:13 AM   #40
Wag

Reading through this thread makes me realize I don't have nearly enough magazines.

--Wag--
Old February 2, 2019, 06:22 PM   #41
M88

As others have chimed in... to many mags. NOT bragging, but quick and dirty in my head, it would be thousands. I actually DO keep pretty exact inventory of all my guns, scopes and mags and within a hundred rounds or so, even ammo. To much trouble to sit down, go through it all to get that number. Interesting thought though.