The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Competition Shooting

Old November 21, 2013, 11:20 PM   #1
mozeppa

sights for my sig 226-s-x5

i'm considering a burris fastfire 2 or 3 reflex style sight for the sig 226 -S-X5...

anyone have any experience with this sight? good or bad! ...i'm itchin' to spend a ton of money and i hate doing it twice or three times!

was wanting a RMR tritijon sight...alas! no base to fit!
same with docter.

to me ....from what i can see on the net ...BURRIS company are the only ones that truely have a "plug-n-play" setup, whereas i (myself) can install it within a few minutes and go to the range and play!

(without having to gut my gun send half of it off to who-knows-where to have it milled... machined and modified...and have to wait 4 weeks to 6 months to get it back!...(hate the wait) so... ( i may want to restore it to original appearances some day.) thats why the "plug-n-play" phrase-ology. i may want it original again.

any end users out there?
Old November 23, 2013, 09:16 AM   #2
mozeppa

nobody????
Old November 23, 2013, 10:25 AM   #3
Jim Watson

The difference between a small optic milled into the slide as low as possible and one perched in a generic mount was astounding to me. I guess you will get used to the higher sight line, lots of Open shooters do.
Old November 25, 2013, 01:03 PM   #4
Robk

Unfortunately, the older X series were heavily based on production pistols, hence the P226 X5. Not at all saying this is bad, but it does limit you to what you can put on it. I assume this is also one of the reasons they have changed the X series to a modular design for those that wish to add optics to thier pistol without milling it. May want to ask the same question over at www.sigforum.com, they may be able to give you a good direction to go to.