The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old December 25, 2017, 06:48 AM   #2101
johnslick

hello. name is terry,and have been shooting for over 50 years now. Once had one of the largest Model 29 collections in existence,but sold them all to help my wife`s medical issues.Nice to meet you all
Old December 25, 2017, 09:47 AM   #2102
Louca

Good man johnslick (Terry), welcome to the forum.
Old December 27, 2017, 02:28 PM   #2103
WannabeMiculek

Hello TFL

I am from South-East Arkansas, gun nut, try to learn everything I can about guns and shooting. If it fires I'll shoot it.
Old January 2, 2018, 02:25 AM   #2104
Aspirant

Hi and happy new year!

Hi everyone! I've been reading up the threads on TFL for a while, and finally decided to take the plunge and sign up.

I'm from possibly one of the worst countries in the world for gun enthusiasts -- the safe but gun-prohibited island of Singapore. Very few people even want to discuss shooting (despite conscription meaning most people do know their rifles).

Outside of the military and police there are no publicly accessible ranges save for a 10-metre air rifle one, and a highly restricted and expensive-to-join gun club whose range has been shuttered for several years. I briefly got a taste of the shooting I love during a US trip in 2015, but unfortunately there wasn't the time or money to really get better.

That said, I'm joining to keep learning, make friends and eventually prep for a longer return trip in the coming years. My interests are in rifles (AR-type and precision) and defensive handgun use.

Meanwhile, let me know if you ever swing by here. It's been too long since I chatted with a fellow firearms enthusiast.

Have a safe and happy new year!
Old January 8, 2018, 11:54 PM   #2105
Yosemite Steve

Hi

Hi.

I'm Steve and I like to shoot guns.
Old January 11, 2018, 08:34 AM   #2106
Duke of Lawn Chair

Hey

Just got approved, thank you Mods. Thought I had an account here but couldn't resurrect it so had to start from scratch.

Anyway glad to be here.
Old January 11, 2018, 10:04 PM   #2107
RedHoundTargets

Hello!

Howdy. I finally joined a few days ago. I’ve randomly read threads from the forum when doing google searches over the years and figured why not finally get more involved?
On the personal side of things I’ve been shooting for about 14 years - started with 4 position small bore competition in high school and went to the nationals at Camp Perry. I’m interested in a variety of areas from antique arms (not to say I necessarily know that much about them) to competition to just aiming at what’s there with whatever I have on hand. I live in Connecticut with my lovely wife.
On a business related note I got going on a life goal of trying to make money doing what I love so I ‘never have to work’ again. That took the form of making steel targets. I’m a mechanical engineer by degree and love shooting so my goal is to design cool/useful steel targets you’ve never seen the likes of anywhere else. I’ve currently got some good old gongs up on my website and am working on introducing the first really new thing in the next few months.
Old January 12, 2018, 12:57 PM   #2108
Metallifan33

Hi,
Noob here. Just purchased my first gun (M&P 9mm 2.0)... followed by my second (Ruger SR22). Been to the range once so far and have enjoyed it. Looking forward to doing more plinking.
Old January 12, 2018, 02:31 PM   #2109
RAEIndustries

Welcome to the forum!
Old January 13, 2018, 06:17 PM   #2110
2wheelwander

New here, but have been shooting since I was a little kid. Taking the plunge into reloading and dipping a toe into precision rifle brought me here. A few years military and LE, now I'm a balding middle aged guy who moves like the guys I made fun of when I was 20.

Paybacks a bitch and her stripper name is Karma. Ugh!
Old Yesterday, 11:20 AM   #2111
625TC

Hello all. I am Grant from TN. Been shooting for over 40 years reloading over 30. Spent a lot of years in the shooting industry. With all that I said it has only proved to me how little I know. Looking forward to making some new friends and maybe running up on some old ones.
Old Yesterday, 12:45 PM   #2112
Chaparral

New here

Hello Firing Line! Chaparral from Texas here. Nice to be in a group of shooters and gun enthusiast. I greatly enjoy shooting, reloading, collecting, and talking guns.
Old Yesterday, 02:44 PM   #2113
Harry J

New to the Firing Line from chilly Michigan. Shooting for 40 years. Love the 1911s.
RIA 1911 5" Tact 2 (Making a target pistol)
RIA 1911 Compact Tact 2 Ultra w/CT laser grips (EDC)
Taurus PT709
Taurus PT111G2
Walther P22Q
Old Yesterday, 11:13 PM   #2114
SPMcfly

Wild West

Hello TFL,
New to forums in general and am more of a recreational shooter who enjoys hunting. I am from Oregon and try to hunt as many types of game as I can throughout the year. Hopefully I can help as much as recieve help on here in the future.

Tags
introduction