The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old July 4, 2019, 12:08 PM   #1
Trooper Joe

New Walther PPK/S

Just picked up a new Walther PPK/S made in Fort Smith, Arkansas. Installed a set of custom grips on it that used to live on my 1984 Interarms PPK/S.

This thing is very accurate and feeds all types of .380 ammo with no problems.

Below is a photo of my recently refurbished German, l965 era, .32 acp, PPK. I now have the best of both worlds.

I have posted before with my 50+ love affair with these iconic Walther pistols. I have (let's see if I remember exactly) a German PPK in .32, German PPK/S in .380, German PP in .32, German PP in .380, Interarms PPK/S in .380, Interarms PPK in .380 as well as a 1962 era P-38 and 1992 era Interarms blue TPH.

By far, this recent PPK/S from Walther USA in Fort Smith is the one I would carry since it is a .380, stainless, extended tang (which some hate but I sort of like it), beautifully polished feed ramp, and functions with everything.

Check my postings on the Walther forum for more info on this gun. [https://www.waltherforums.com/forum/...ml#post1200324 ].

A Walther fan,

Trooper Joe
Old July 4, 2019, 11:03 PM   #2
joneb

A couple of nice pistols for sure.
I am used to the 1911 safety sweep, my Bersa 380 is like the Walther and may confuse me.
The Makarov PM safety sweeps down for fire and I am used to that.
Old July 4, 2019, 11:21 PM   #3
Fullclip610

Beautiful guns. They are some of the classiest subcompacts to look at for sure. Great collection
Old July 5, 2019, 08:49 AM   #4
cocojo

Congrats on your new Walther. I like the Ft Smith guns without any mim parts. I own a few walther ppk’s from every make. I not a fan of the long grip tang, it beats my thumb knuckle up and gives me two blisters on each side. I prefer the original design. I removed the long grip tang on my stainless smith & wesson made gun to original design and now I'm happy. My ppk’s all shoot great except my german made gun its finicky to say the least. Carry my ppk everywhere with me. Good luck you will love it!
Old July 5, 2019, 09:18 AM   #5
Brutus

Really nice guns, bought an Interarms model back in the 70's but the magazine kept popping out under fire so I traded it in for something else.
Still get the urge every time I see a nice one but my CZ PCR isn't a whole lot bigger so the urge passes.
Old July 5, 2019, 09:19 AM   #6
mk70ss

I always though the Walter PPK/S’s were one of the coolest and sleekest looking semi autos. I carried one for awhile, but the trigger was too heavy and the gun is pretty heavy for it’s relative size. But they are so damn cool. Nice stuff!
Old July 6, 2019, 12:03 AM   #7
HisSoldier

I saw that Walther USA was finally issuing these, took long enough! I swore I'd buy one to go with my Interarms and S&W models but haven't the extra money yet.
CNC produced 416 stainless triggers to replace the plastic triggers on Colt Mustangs, Mustang Plus II's, MK IV Government .380's and Sig P238's and P938's. Plus Colt Mustang hardened 416 guide rods, and Llama .32 and .380 recoil spring buttons, checkered nicely and blued.
Old July 6, 2019, 01:06 AM   #8
Ignition Override

"Czech ASMR/Zbran". YouTube.

A lady simply handles it on a table. If not a PPK/S (I owned one), then it appears to be a PPK.

ASMR --the short version-- means recording quiet, relaxing sounds which help many people unwind.