The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old October 23, 2010, 02:30 PM   #1
a1abdj

Damaged AMSEC BF - How Robust?

About six months ago, a forum member had the opportunity to purchase an AMSEC BF series safe that was damaged during shipping. Photos were posted, and a discussion ensued regarding the ability of the safe to resist attack when compared to the damage that was caused by the safe tipping over.

The original thread can be found here:

http://thefiringline.com/forums/show....php?p=4047373

Recently that discussion made it to another forum, where several members of this forum again questioned the structural integrity of the safe. They consistently pointed out a "hole" that they claimed was punched through the steel when the safe fell.

I found the safe on the seller's website which had additional photos. I claimed that there wasn't a hole, and that the safe had held up fine.

The damage in question:

To end the debate, I asked the purchaser of the safe to comment on this thread to set the record straight.

I don't want this to turn into any sort of debate. I simply want to point out that the design of the BF series safe is sound, as proven by the abuse that this safe has already experienced.