The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old October 4, 2017, 12:03 AM   #1
Water-Man

Sig P320 Recall Update

Received an email from Sig today regarding the Voluntary Recall Program of the P320.

It said that information and labels will begin being mailed Oct.-Nov.
Old October 4, 2017, 10:07 AM   #2
AZGlock13

Yep, received the email too:

Dear Donald,

Thank you for successfully registering your P320 for SIG SAUER’s no-cost Voluntary Upgrade Program. It is our goal to keep you informed throughout this process.

We will begin sending information and labels required for returning your P320 throughout October and November. Shipping labels will go out in stages based on when each P320 was registered so you may not see yours immediately.

We would also like to take this opportunity to verify your return shipment information.

Keep in mind that we must have a physical residential address to return your firearm to you (no business or PO Box addresses will be accepted), and an adult over 21 years of age will need to be home to sign for the returned pistol.

The address that we have on file for you is:

My address and my serial number I gave them originally.

If this information is incorrect, please call SIG SAUER Customer Service at (603) 610-3000 and select Option 1, Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. through 6:00 p.m. EST and we will update your information.

Thank you for your patience while we prepare for this upgrade.
Old October 4, 2017, 10:54 AM   #3
TrueBlue711

I bought a 320 recently, so I'll look into it as well. Does anybody know if replacing the factory trigger with the Apex trigger will be an issue (which I already did)? Sig's recall website says "This will include an alternate design that reduces the physical weight of the trigger, sear, and striker while additionally adding a mechanical disconnector."
Old October 4, 2017, 11:56 AM   #4
Uncle Malice

Quote:
I bought a 320 recently, so I'll look into it as well. Does anybody know if replacing the factory trigger with the Apex trigger will be an issue (which I already did)? Sig's recall website says "This will include an alternate design that reduces the physical weight of the trigger, sear, and striker while additionally adding a mechanical disconnector."
Just put the factory trigger back in, or if you don't have the factory trigger anymore, send it in without the apex trigger. If you send the Apex trigger in the gun, you won't be getting it back.
Old October 4, 2017, 12:17 PM   #5
WVsig

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueBlue711 View Post
Apex will give you a credit for the trigger. The new design from Sig will not allow you to install the current version of the Apex P320 trigger. IIRC

Remove the trigger before you send it to Sig. Send the Apex trigger back to Apex fro credit.
Old October 4, 2017, 02:40 PM   #6
slammedsi

I got this email from Apex about a week ago.

Hello Robert.

We do not yet know if our current Apex Flat Advanced Trigger or
the Apex Flat-Faced Action Enhancement Trigger will work with the new
upgrades that Sig is doing for the "Voluntary Upgrade" and we are currently
waiting to receive some Sig P320s back from Sig Sauer to put them into the
hands of our engineers to see if our current Triggers will work with them or
if we have to redesign a new Trigger that will function with the "Voluntary
Upgrade" changes.
Old October 4, 2017, 02:52 PM   #7
TunnelRat

Assuming APEX is following GGI their current plan is to wait and see how their products interact with the post-upgrade pistols. Once they know that you'll likely get or they will post an update about any returns that might be needed.
Maintain situational awareness
Old October 5, 2017, 09:37 PM   #8
Front Sight

Anyone know when the revamped P320’s are hitting the stores? Not one to be found around here...
Old October 13, 2017, 12:10 PM   #9
Auriemma

As for aftermarket trigger upgrades (Apex and GG), both are waiting until Sig starts upgrading the P320s before they do anything. Both have said they will work with all customers that bought their triggers once yours is upgraded. So you need to decide to upgrade and change or leave it as is.

I received my address confirmation email back in early October. So I figure they will be starting to send out shipping labels soon, probably within 2 weeks. Sig suggests you ship it back in its original shipping case. if you have an RX version, do not ship the Romeo 1 with it, unless you cannot remove it.

There are no upgraded P320s in the wild and probably won't be until they get into the upgrade process.
Henry Golden Boy 22LR
Old October 17, 2017, 03:51 PM   #10
WVsig

I got my label and RMA on Friday. I could not get the pistol into Fedex until today but it should arrive to Sig by Thurs.

RMA states:

BEFORE YOU SHIP YOUR P320, PLEASE:

*CHECK & CLEAR your firearm and pistol case of any live ammunition.

* CHECK AGAIN

* All after-market accessories or parts MUST BE REMOVED from the gun and/or case prior to shipping. This includes lights, lasers, and aftermarket triggers.
Old October 18, 2017, 11:28 AM   #11
Auriemma

Got my RMA and shipping email on Friday at 6:30PM EST. My P320 was packed and accepted by FedEx by 8:05pm. It arrived at Sig at 11:39am Tuesday.
4-6 weeks.... The clock is running.
Henry Golden Boy 22LR
Old October 19, 2017, 07:14 PM   #12
Kwik2010

Just got mine shipped off this afternoon. Received the label yesterday. Fingers crossed on 4 weeks instead of 6.
Old October 19, 2017, 11:37 PM   #13
Southrnshooter

I went to my store today to look for 320's and found none. They did have some new Legions and other Sigs. Looks like no re-vamped ones are in the wild yet.

Still not sure why Sig is calling this voluntary when it's such a safety issue.
Old October 23, 2017, 11:15 AM   #14
Auriemma

My P320 is back from Sig.
I posted this last week... you may have missed it.

https://thefiringline.com/forums/sho...67#post6525367
Henry Golden Boy 22LR
Old October 23, 2017, 11:22 AM   #15
SDF880

I purchased a P-320 early on and never had any issues. I'm not sending mine in!
Old October 23, 2017, 01:07 PM   #16
TunnelRat

Why not send it in?
Old October 23, 2017, 03:57 PM   #17
Uncle Malice

Quote:
The only European pistol for me is Austrian - Glock.
The P320 is made in the USA.

Quote:
I purchased a P-320 early on and never had any issues. I'm not sending mine in!
That seems like lunacy to me... but good luck with it. I'm sure there's still some people out there enjoying their Samsung Galaxy Note 7.
Old October 23, 2017, 04:28 PM   #18
Fishbed77

Quote:
Why not send it in?
I agree with TunnelRat. Unless your P320 is your only self-defense firearm, I can think of no good reason not to send it in for this modification.

The possibly of an unintentional discharge when dropping the original P320 has been extensively proven, and in that (obviously exceedingly rare) situation where a dropped pistol injures a bystander, I would not want to tell a jury that I chose not to have a defective pistol modified to make it drop safe when the manufacturer offered to do it for free.
Old October 23, 2017, 05:35 PM   #19
TunnelRat

Beyond the safety, what was described in the other thread indicates no negative effects with the trigger, in fact the double click (if yours does it) is now gone.
Old October 26, 2017, 01:55 PM   #20
Kwik2010

That was quick. Shipped mine last Thursday. Got an email today that it's on the way back. Scheduled to be delivered tomorrow.
Old October 26, 2017, 05:39 PM   #21
WVsig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwik2010 View Post
That was quick. Shipped mine last Thursday. Got an email today that it's on the way back. Scheduled to be delivered tomorrow.
What caliber was your gun. Mine was a 45 ACP and it went back last Tues arrived last Thurs and I have not heard anything. I am not in a rush but the order which they are being completed does not seem to correspond to their arrival at Sig.
Old October 26, 2017, 08:01 PM   #22
Kwik2010

WVsig

It's a 9mm Compact
Old October 29, 2017, 08:28 PM   #23
Kwik2010

Well I braved the rain and mud today at my local gumbo roaded shooting range outside of town. A pal of mine with the same firearm (Sig p320 compact 9mm) joined me to compare his, which is original, to mine after the upgrade. I don't have a trigger gauge but I felt a slight difference between his trigger and mine. He stated outright that he was signing up for the upgrade as soon as he got home because he liked the new trigger better. I could only tell a slight difference (other than the missing double click) so who knows. As far as accuracy and reliability, no complaints. Just as accurate as before and didn't have a single malfunction in a little over 300 rounds. 100 of which were WWB 115 grn FMJ. The remaining 200 were defense style ammo including Sig V Crown 124 grn, WWB 147 grn JHP, Hydrashocks, Golden Sabres, PDX1s, Hornady Customs, and Barnes Tac XPDs. So the upgrade certainly didn't screw anything up far as I can tell.