The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: General Handgun Forum

Old March 4, 2013, 11:15 PM   #26
MercyfulFate

My S&W Model 10 is like touching a flame during the summer if you expose it to the sun, I'd assume that's one reason...but you don't want your conceal pistol in the open.

Owner of: S&W Model 10-5, Beretta 92fs and a Mossberg Maverick 88 "Security" Shotgun
Old March 5, 2013, 05:10 AM   #27
Chris Van

I certainly can't speak for anyone else but my reason for changing up from summer to winter is my wardrobe. Believe me, I would wear shorts and a t shirt year round if I could. So I'm more comfortable with something smaller that will fit in a pocket in shorts than an IWB holster. But just like a brand of automoblie, each person has their own preferrences for their own reasons.
Old March 5, 2013, 12:17 PM   #28
Nanuk

Like many have stated colder weather calls for heavier clothing. With no disrespect I say that living in Florida you have no concept of cold weather. I have been living in North Dakota long enough that most consider me a native. The temperature varies from 100 above to -40. There are many days here during the winter that it is colder than many places in Alaska. If you stored your steel revolver in the car overnight and picked it up without a glove it would freeze to your hand.

Like many I use cold weather to enable me to more comfortably conceal a larger gun.
My rifle and pistol are tools, I am the weapon.