The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old July 30, 2016, 12:35 AM   #51
David Wozniak

I wanted to export Px4 Storm SubCompact pocket Pistol. But this task was more complicated and the big problem is I am a Muslim and they rejected me to export firearm.

Is that reasonable that Muslims can take the safety?
your suggestion was good, thanks anyway.
Old July 30, 2016, 07:11 PM   #52
dogtown tom

Quote:
David Wozniak .....and the big problem is I am a Muslim and they rejected me to export firearm.

Is that reasonable that Muslims can take the safety?
your suggestion was good, thanks anyway.
Huh?
What does being a Muslim have to do with anything?

And I'm not aware of any document regarding the import, export or transfer of a firearm that asks what religion you are.

Plano, Texas...........the Gun Nut Capitol of Gun Culture, USA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pELwCqz2JfE
Old August 23, 2016, 12:25 AM   #53
Penn25

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogtown tom View Post
Huh?
What does being a Muslim have to do with anything?

And I'm not aware of any document regarding the import, export or transfer of a firearm that asks what religion you are.
Ethnic background but no religious declarations. Recently bought a rifle. On the FFL transfere form it asked white, black, hispanic, etc. No religion! That info used to belong on our dog tags lol.

Aloha
Old September 22, 2017, 03:47 PM   #54
TrueBlue711

I'm in the military and my home of record is in Idaho (my parents' address). Would I be able to ship a rifle from myself to myself from my current physical address (New Mexico) to my home of record in Idaho without sending to an FFL?
Old September 22, 2017, 08:40 PM   #55
Doyle

Quote:
I'm in the military and my home of record is in Idaho (my parents' address). Would I be able to ship a rifle from myself to myself from my current physical address (New Mexico) to my home of record in Idaho without sending to an FFL?
There is a specific allowance in the law for shipping a gun from yourself to yourself in another location. That is used all the time by hunters who ship their gun to an out-of-state outfitter before a booked hunt. So, if you want to do that yourself ship it just before you go on leave back home.
Old November 15, 2020, 06:55 PM   #56
Koda94

Update on the OP, the ATF FFL EZcheck doesnt check type 03 and 06 FFLs.

Is there a legal need for a mere mortal like me to double check the FFL of an 06 dealer I want to ship to?
Old April 13, 2023, 02:39 PM   #57
Bubba J

Quote:
Federal law allows you to ship a firearm to a resident of the same state (intrastate) as long as you have no reason to believe that the recipient is a prohibited person.
Wow! I did not know that...
Old October 28, 2023, 02:35 PM   #58
Buzzcook

Can I take a gun out of state and transfer the firearm at a FFL in the other state?

I have out of state grandkids and great grandkids that I want to give my guns to. I'd like to give them in person.
Old October 28, 2023, 10:48 PM   #59
Aguila Blanca
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzcook
Can I take a gun out of state and transfer the firearm at a FFL in the other state?

I have out of state grandkids and great grandkids that I want to give my guns to. I'd like to give them in person.
Handguns, rifles, or both?
Jeepaholic
Old October 29, 2023, 03:32 AM   #60
stagpanther

David is presumably asking can he sell (usually what international export means) to the states. State Department as well as other agencies has a say on which countries can sell arms into the US under what circumstances--permits and licenses would need to be in order in both export and import countries. Hard to tell if what he really means is can he bring his own weapon with him if he came to the states.

State/Fed laws regarding transfers do not necessarily mean that shippers themselves do not selectively apply their own requirements. I'd check into those very carefully nowadays as you could end up with your firearm gone forever with no recourse.

From the time I ordered it it took many months to get my Prazi press from Germany--not even a firearm, but firearm related from a export friendly country--took a long time just to get the necessary import/export docs processed and approved.

Last edited by stagpanther; October 29, 2023 at 03:49 AM.
Old October 29, 2023, 05:18 AM   #61
JohnKSa
Staff

Quote:
Assuming it's legal for you to possess the firearm in the destination state, you can certainly transport it to that state yourself. Once it is there, you may not transfer possession to a resident of that state without going through an FFL.
Quote:
Federal law allows you to ship a firearm to a resident of the same state (intrastate) as long as you have no reason to believe that the recipient is a prohibited person.
In theory. In practice it's getting very hard to find shippers who will allow this, even if it is legal.
Old October 29, 2023, 03:17 PM   #62
dogtown tom

Quote:
Buzzcook Can I take a gun out of state and transfer the firearm at a FFL in the other state?
Yes, provided that firearm is legal to possess in that state.

Quote:
There is no family exemption to federal firearms law.

To transfer to a resident of another state, requires using a licensed dealer in that state. You ship or hand deliver to the dealer, the recipient completes the Form 4473 and the dealer conducts the NICS check.

Under no circumstance can you just hand the firearms to a relative in another state.

Plano, Texas...........the Gun Nut Capitol of Gun Culture, USA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pELwCqz2JfE
Old November 2, 2023, 12:58 PM   #63
Buzzcook

Thanks guys. I thought as much.

Gifting the guns while I'm still here to watch the kids enjoy them seems like a better idea than after my ashes are scattered.