The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old September 27, 2005, 04:17 PM   #1
tripytrucker

Police chase (opposite from earlier thread)

http://www.newsvirginian.com/servlet...=1031784844003
This chase the officer was struck while chasing BG.Does the officer have the same "rights" to sue the BG for hospital bills,lack of work etc?Or is this a case the good guy just have to do the best he can?
Old September 27, 2005, 07:02 PM   #2
wayneinFL

I wouldn't doubt there will be a lawsuit.

Scary. I can't imagine running across the highway at 11 PM in the dark uniforms most sheriff's deputies wear. I'm not real surprised the driver didn't see him.
Quote:
Earlier, at about 11:20 p.m., Smith called 911 from his girlfriend’s home to report the accident.

He was arrested and then transported to the scene of the hit-and-run, remaining in the back of a State Police car while technicians gathered and photographed evidence.

The sister of Smith’s girlfriend answered a phone call placed to the home early Friday. She refused to identify the SUV driver. “What business of yours is it?” she asked.
I wonder if Smith is covering for his girlfriend. Do you suppose this why it was a hit and run?

This is all the bad guy's fault, IMO. I hope he does get sued, but I doubt he'd have the money to pay for the unfortunate officer's injuries.