The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Revolver Forum

Old February 14, 2013, 03:57 PM   #26
The Great Mahoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjohn View Post
I hope you stocked up on ammunition prior to the big panic 'cause it;s hard to come by now.
Actually, I had bought another 1200 rounds of 22 a few months ago when I wanted to shoot my 22 rifle again. Went through maybe 200 rounds of it till now. Then I got the new single six and put almost 200 through it this past weekend. Hopefully the stock will hold up; I won't get to shoot much, I at all, for the next few months. Hopefully ammo is available by then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortuga12 View Post
Someday, I will have a Single Six Hunter. Someday!!!
I was hoping to find a hunter model, too. Ultimately, I caved for the convertible, since it was available.
Old March 15, 2013, 03:03 PM   #27
mk8tim

i love my stainless single six. took me awhile to get good with it but i'm hitting pretty consistenly with it now. enjoy, it's an awesome little gun
Old March 15, 2013, 08:49 PM   #28
wuluf

I had a blued model bought around 1980, sold around '86. Wish I still had it. My LGS has your same model for $500.00!!!! Hope you paid less than California prices...
Old March 18, 2013, 02:12 PM   #29
dgludwig

I bought a new Super Single Six in the early seventies. It's one of my favorite sidearms to take hiking/camping/canoeing. When I'm just plinking or target shooting informally, I generally use the .22 lr cylinder. On extended canoe camping trips in the "boonies" (like the Boundary Waters in MN), the little revolver is loaded with the Magnum cylinder.
I have many handguns but, if I ever have to get rid of some, the Ruger SSS will be one of the last to go.
Old March 24, 2013, 01:21 AM   #30
delsol

I love my ss, she will take bulk ammo all day long while my semi auto wants the good stuff. For a 1968 she n great condition!