The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Closed Thread

Old June 10, 2011, 09:31 AM   #1
YihChauChang

AB 144--A Paradigm Of California's Disgraced Political Culture

California politics has a notorious reputation for its corruption and hypocrisy. AB 144 is the perfect example.

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-i...cal-corruption

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-1...yih-chau-chang
Old June 10, 2011, 10:16 AM   #2
jmortimer

As long as this state is run by the party in charge it will blow big time. Bankrupt and anti-gun to an extreme. If I could I would move. Could be one of the best places on earth and the best state but it is one of the worst states on the Second Amendment and otherwise. Open carry is doomed. As an aside, and it will effect us all here, the big govt labor unions and labor unions are saving $$$ up to convert the couple seats they need in the assembly and senate to put the final nail in the coffin. The unions are not going to spend the hundred million dollars or more they normally spend. Smart on their part and very tragic for the state. What a load of ..... For me our only hope is now on the federal level/SCOTUS through the incoporation doctrine, assuming Justice Kennedy lives through the next election and there is a change in POTUS. Otherwise, every state will get $crewed by one more justice on SCOTUS appointed by the current POTUS.
Old June 10, 2011, 01:44 PM   #3
Al Norris
Moderator Emeritus

Chang, most here wouldn't know what AB144 is about. Just a link tells us nothing, and many won't even click on a link without knowing what it is about.

This is why we have a rule about drive-by threads and posts, here at TFL.

Closed.
Closed Thread

Tags
2nd amendment , ab 144 , anthony portantino , open carry , right-to-carry